"We're very excited to announce the gold master release of X²: The Threat along with Egosoft," said Parrish Rogers, Enlight's executive producer of X2: The Threat. "The stunning graphics combined with the variety of in-game experiences X2 offers will be a thrilling experience for all types of players."
Expanding on the original, X: Beyond the Frontier, X²: The Threat allows players to construct a massive fleet of ships to aid them along whatever path they choose within the open-ended X-Universe. In addition to the opportunity to purchase any number of ships, the player can also pilot any ship in the fleet ranging from small, nimble scout ships to the large, powerful capital ships. Featuring the ability to define AI scripts, players will have complete control of their fleets as they roam throughout the vast areas of the galaxy and explore their own adventures.
"We're very proud of the hard work every member of our development team has put into X2: The Threat," said Bernd Lehahn, chief executive officer of Egosoft. "With X2, we have taken the intriguing aspects of the original and incorporated feedback from the gaming community to create a more compelling, unique experience in space simulation."
Additional features in X²: The Threat include:
- State-of-the-Art Graphics Engine utilizing all the latest Direct X capabilities
- Open-ended gameplay
- Graduated learning curve allows for immediate action
- Heart-thumping storyline and missions
- Thousands of objects to interact with including stations, ships, a myriad of weapons, commodities to trade and different races with their own agendas and technologies
- Experience the X-Universe and build an empire as a trader, bounty hunter, pirate, miner or a combination of them all
Published in the United States and Canada by Enlight Interactive Inc., X²: The Threat will be available on Windows PC, priced at $39.99 (U.S.). For additional information visit http://www.x2-game.com/.
More articles about X2: The Threat