"Players will face the greatest threat to Norrath and the chaos of a realm yet undiscovered. Norrathians will need to unite with the Wayfarers Brotherhood to oppose this mighty force," said Michael Lustenberger, director of product marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "In preparation for one of the most epic adventures yet, the Gates of Discord will offer players alternate advancement abilities, leadership experience, the Berserker melee class and vast new areas and zones to explore."
The Gates of Discord directs players to the west side of Antonica where Nedaria's Landing is abuzz with activity in preparation for one of the greatest and most dangerous expeditions in the history of Norrath. Stories and events will lead players across an uncharted land twisted and scarred by an unknown force. New alternate advancements will challenge the most veteran of players while the new Berserker class brings inordinate amounts of strength and bravery.
About Gates of Discord
The rumors that began in The Ruins of Kunark® now hold true -- a new continent has been discovered on the far side of Norrath. The Wayfarers Brotherhood will need to amass a brave and trustworthy army for an expedition of epic proportions. Join armies of adventurers on their quest to unearth long-hidden artifacts of power from temple ruins, secret catacombs, dank sewers and vast marshlands. Should you fail, Norrath, its inhabitants, and its gods may fall under control of the forces of Discord! Gates of Discord includes the following new features:
- 100 new Alternate Advancement Abilities offer a different method of character progression with new and unique skills to master
- Gain leadership experience and unlock many group and raid-enhancing tools
- 20 new zones, ten new instanced zones and ten new traditional zones including a huge ship city zone, complete with merchants, tradesman, and quest-givers, where you can gather your party and launch expeditions. The new combat zones are for characters level 50 and above
- New Berserker class empowers you to ravage your enemies with two-handed axes or by hurling large objects
- Discover the newly found continent of Taelosia, which holds the secrets of Norrath's future
- 20 all new NPC models make for hundreds of challenging encounters unlike anything seen before in EverQuest
- New Tribute System enhances gameplay by allowing players to choose beneficial attributes, skills, or effects through offerings at their home cities
- Dozens of new and exciting story-driven quests for the hardy adventurer
- New tradeskill recipes to produce hundreds of new items
- Unearth arcane spells, mighty weapons and other hidden treasures!
The new expansion will be downloadable via the EverQuest launch pad for $29.99. Additionally, retailers will be offering a boxed version that will carry a suggested retail price of $29.99, which includes a special in-box item and in-game item. For more information on Gates of Discord, please visit: http://www.gatesofdiscord.com .
More articles about EverQuest: Gates Of Discord