IMPORTANT: Patch1 and Bonus Scenario
- The Bonus scenario add-on also includes the Ghost Master Patch1 upgrade. If you are playing Ghost Master with Patch1 already installed, installing the Bonus Scenario will have no adverse effects.
- As the Bonus Scenario already includes Patch1, it is NOT recommended that you attempt to install Patch1 after installing the Bonus Scenario.
- If you need to uninstall Patch1 after installing the Bonus Scenario you MUST uninstall the Bonus Scenario first. You may then re-install the Bonus Scenario afterwards if you wish.
CHANGES FOR EUROPEAN GHOST MASTER PATCH 1
Navigation issues improved:
- Several problems which could cause mortals to get stuck, particularly when using fire extinguishers.
Puzzle/game play issues now improved in the following scenarios:
- Phantom of the Operating Room.
- Summoners Not Included.
- Blair Wisp.
Windows XP Problems Fixed:
- Game wouldn't start from Limited user accounts.
- Game wouldn't save correctly in a Limited user account.
General problems improved or fixed:
- More fetters have been added, and fetter points are closer to the fetters themselves. So ghosts will no longer appear inside each other.
- Sound effects and movies were playing over each other. This has now been tidied up so movies will no longer overlap. This also applies to certain
mission specific SFX including the Haunter Committee voiceovers.
- Sounds now pause correctly when the game is paused.
- 'Pick on' orders now work differently. Instead of giving preference to powers that target the intended mortals, the order will only allow powers that target
the intended mortals.
- 'Pick on TYPE' order has been improved.
- 1.Creative Labs EAX is now selectable from the Audio tab within Options menu. This allows more realistic sound effects while in POV and VIEW camera modes. You will need to have an EAX capable sound card; the EAX Unified drivers used by GhostMaster are installed as part of this patch.
- 2.Added the following hot keys:
"P" (quick start haunter powers window for haunter under mouse cursor)
"O" (quick start haunter orders window for haunter under mouse cursor)
"S" (take screenshot - screenshots will appear in Program FilesEmpire InteractiveGhost MasterGhostDataScreenshots, or in the GhostDataScreenshots directory under your custom install path for the game. They will be the tga (targa) format. Warning: the screenshot code is not guaranteed to work on all graphics drivers; save your documents before pressing "S"!)
Workarounds for known hardware problems:
1.Game crashes on start-up: If you are experiencing a crash or your game unexpectedly drops back to the desktop when launching Ghost Master, try installing the latest version of the drivers for your sound and graphics cards, available from their manufacturers.
If this does not work and you have an older sound card which may not fully support EAX (for example, Creative Labs Sound Blaster PCI, PCI 64, PCI 128 or
PCI 512), try lowering your hardware sound acceleration level from "Full" to "Standard", "Basic", or disabling it completely.
To do this, follow the steps below:
1) From your Start menu, select Run.
2) Type in "dxdiag" and click OK.
3) When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens, select the Sound tab.
4) Move the slider bar for Hardware Sound Acceleration Level to
the left or right to adjust it.
2.Visual artifacts on Kyro II / II SE Graphics Card: Go to the driver control panel and turn on "Troubleshooting", or "Enable Depth / Stencil Buffer Storing".
3.Movies do not play back on some Win98 systems: Please note, Ghost Master makes use of wmv playback provided by Microsoft Media Player 9. The installer
attempts to install the correct codecs but will be unable to do so on Windows 98. If you have Windows 98SE and you do not experience video playback, you can
download and install Windows Media Player 9 from: "http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp" - Note this only applies to 98SE.
4.Game does not launch when computer is set to 256 colours: Ghost Master requires 16-bit (High Colour) or higher. Please change your system colour settings to 16-bit colour or higher and then try re-launching the game.
5.Sound skips a lot during play of in-game movies: Access the in-game Options menu, select the Display tab, and set the Overall Graphics Quality slider to
More articles about Ghost Master