FAR CRY – MULTIPLAYER MODE
- Fast paced team action within the Far Cry universe.
- Assault, Deathmatch, and Team Deathmatch game modes.
- Utilizes some of the key features of the Single Player game:
- Long range Gameplay
- Vehicular gameplay
- Beautiful tropical environments
- Multiple maps to play in the package, and a complete editor to allow for the creation of new maps.
- Completely mod-able code allows for the community to make maps and MODs. We will be supporting the MOD community, and expect this to be the game for the MOD community for 2004.
Weapons, Tools, and Gameplay
- • View distances that can exceed 1km, long-range gameplay has been a key feature of FarCry multiplayer.
- • All weapons from the single player game are available:
- The sniper rifle and Rocket Launcher allows the player control over extreme ranges, sometimes shooting with accuracy across entire maps.
- Rocket launchers, mounted weapons, and scoped assault rifles (the OICW and AG36) allow the player to control the mid-to-long range areas as well.
- A new feature, the “sniper flare” allows other players in the game to pinpoint the position of other snipers by light reflecting from the sniper scope. This allows us to balance the threat of long range control of an area with increased vulnerability from other long range weapons.
- Player radar shows the placement of friends and only the sounds of enemies – allowing for great “cat-and-mouse” gameplay and highe coordination among teams.
Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch Modes
- Classic run and gun gameplay, either every man for himself, or 2 separate teams.
- Tactical, team-based combat pitting two teams of attackers and defenders against each other to capture targets on the map.
- Each map contains three capture points that must be taken in order and within a time limit to win the game.
- All players play as one of three classes:
- Grunt: Has a huge selection of weapons, and has both more health and armor – but a slightly slower speed.
- Sniper: Can choose the Rocket Launcher or Sniper Rifle as primary weapon. Capable of doing damage across massive ranges, but has less armor and health.
- Support: Builds structures such as bunkers, towers, roadblocks, mounted weapons and walls. Also uses heavy explosives to destroy such structures. Can also provide health for other players in the game. Average health and armor.
- Once the point is captured, the teams move on to the next objective.
More articles about Far Cry