Telling the story of the North African campaigns of World War II from both Axis' and Allies' side, Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps is Real-Time Tactical game in full 3D boosting single- and multiplayer mode.Uniquely, the game combines narrative-based missions with the real-time strategy genre. Across two campaigns and twenty missions inspired from historical facts, players follow the destiny of a German and an English hero, who were once friends and who are now constrained to fight each other in this "war without hate".
Missions range from recon operations in the desert and urban flush-out missions to large-scale sieges of desert fortresses. Each mission starts with a briefing and a recap of the historical background - making the game entertaining and educational.
Desert Rats is characterised by a high level of combat realism and varied combat tactics. A pause feature allows players to think over tactics if necessary.
Desert Rats features a full 3D gameplay with highly realistic graphics, real-time shadows, damage effects, explosions, weather effects and much more. Its 60 minutes soundtrack, composed by Ervin Nagy and BAFTA Award winner Tamas Kreiner, intensifies the captivating atmosphere.
"The strategy genre is home for us," says Terry Malham, president, Digital Jesters, "and we're really excited to be able to work on a new franchise once again. Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps is an amazing twist on the RTS genre and we can't wait to see the reaction from both press and retail."
"With its high-quality gameplay, cutting edge 3D technology, historical realism and attention to detail Desert Rats offers everything strategy gamers are looking for. We believe that Digital Jesters will market the game in the UK with great success" comments Jérôme Gastaldi, CEO, Monte Cristo.
Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps will be available in the UK end of March 2004 for PC CD-ROM, priced £29.99.
- Variety of Units: More than 70 different units available, each with its own complementary characteristics, including eight specialized soldiers (rifleman, scout, machine gunner, medic, sapper, flamethrower, sniper, grenade launcher) and seven categories of vehicles (recon, tank, anti-tank artillery, anti-air artillery, transport, air support)
- Cutting Edge 3D Technology: Natural looking desert terrain, beautiful lighting and shadow effects, realistic unit animations and movement, breathtaking special effects, ...
- Enhanced Combat Realism: Every vehicle and building can be captured; front, side and rear armor are taken into account; only fully-crewed vehicles are 100% operational ; every vehicle can acquire up to three levels of experience upon successfully completing a mission ...
- Deep Single Player Experience: includes a management phase at the beginning of each mission The story-driven campaign spans 20 missions ranging from recon operations to large-scale battles for desert fortresses.
- Multiplayer Gaming: Five different multiplayer modes including death match and capture the flag for up to four players via the Internet (Gamespy) or LAN.
More articles about Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps