"EverQuest Online Adventures truly is the adventure of a lifetime, giving people the power to be who they want to be in an amazing fantasy world from the comfort of their couch," said John Smedley, president, Sony Online Entertainment. "This game reiterates our leadership in online gaming, as 430,000 subscribers to PC EverQuest can attest, and our commitment to creating high quality interactive entertainment that reaches new audiences."
EverQuest Online Adventures has a suggested retail price of $49.99, which includes a 30-day free trial to the game's online world, and all that it has to offer. Additionally, the game carries a monthly subscription fee of $9.99 per person for continuing access to the game world. Players can subscribe for additional months using a credit card, or by purchasing EverQuest Online Adventures Game Cards, which open the world of Norrath to PlayStation 2 owners that choose not to subscribe with a credit card.
About EverQuest Online Adventures
EverQuest Online Adventures gives you the power to unleash the unique adventurer within and personalize your in-game character from 9 races, 14 player character classes, and a number of hairstyles and facial characteristics. As you progress in the game completing challenging and thrilling quests, interacting with new friends, and discovering powerful items that you've only dreamed about, your character grows and develops as the world evolves. EverQuest Online Adventures also features:
- Action is always only a few steps away with fast and tactically rich combat with special abilities and spells for each character
- Thousands of monsters from lowly rats to immense dragons each posing a unique challenge for the player
- An enormous game world offering gamers more than 320 square miles to explore
- A strong storyline and universe filled with compelling quests and intriguing subplots that will pull you into the story and allow you to
choose what comes next
- Thousands of non-player characters with which to interact
- Hundreds of spells and special abilities that give your character the unique skills you need to be a hero
- Thousands of powerful items to discover, rewarding those who have what it takes to finish epic quests and defeat the mightiest foes
- Support for dial-up and broadband, with seamless gameplay on a 56K modem
Using the PlayStation 2 system's Network Adaptor, EverQuest Online Adventures connects seamlessly via modem or broadband to the Internet, directing players to dedicated EverQuest Online Adventures servers. Gamers simply insert the disc and the adventures of Tunaria are just a few button pushes away.
More articles about EverQuest Online Adventures