Tim Brooks, President of Shrapnel Games, said, "We are looking forward to the release of Interstellar Trader 2. This is one of those games that you keep coming back to play over and over again. Designer Derek DiBenedetto has come up with one of those rare designs that people just love. We are already receiving positive comments about this game engine."
Interstellar Trader 2 is the sequel to the original strategy simulation Interstellar Trader (available in the Thunder Pack Platinum four pack available from Shrapnel Games) where you become the owner of a start-up merchant business in outer space. You do this by traveling from planet to planet in the galaxy, buying and selling items in the various marketplaces. Just look at what this game has to offer:
- Improved, more realistic economic engine, with a randomly generated supply/demand system for the galaxy every time you play. Item prices change constantly during the game, so you have to keep on your toes. More items available for trade at each planet.
- Now 10 planets to visit, instead of 6! Each planet can even have individual modifiers to its economic condition.
- You can choose your ship, upgrade its gas tank, cargo capacity, and even add NEW unique weapons to it to fight the nasty Pirates. Ships also now have Durability ratings, and wear down over time.
- 4 Different pirate clans have different combat strengths and priorities as far as taking money or items from you if they win.
- Pick up passengers, collect fares, buy toll booths to the various planets and get paid for each visitor to the planet.
- Visit the prime minister of each planet for various benefits, purchase Pirate contracts for a temporary peace time.
- Purchase and build your own fleet of escort ships from 3 different choices to assist you in fighting the Pirates.
- NEW IMPROVED combat engine, with more realistic outcomes and more direct choices for the player to make, including self-destructing your ships to use as weapons, new Luck modifiers, using the Suicide Volley weapon on your ship for damage multipliers, and using your installed weapons against the Pirates.
- NEW Special encounters: Play games at the Galactic Casino to win credits, make deals with Rogue Merchants from other galaxies on rare items, and more random events than before!
_ And much more.
Interstellar Trader 2 retails for $19.95 but is available for pre release ordering from Shrapnel Games' e-Store, the Gamers Front (www.gamersfront.com), at a 15% discount until February 25th. The demo can be downloaded from the Shrapnel Games website at www.shrapnelgames.com.