- The fourth horseman, "Pestilence" possesses beauty that words cannot describe.
- Once "Pestilence" is touched or angered, her beauty dissolves, revealing a rotting corpse, festering with disease and crawling with maggots. Her decomposing flesh unleashes a virulent pandemic, capable of killing millions overnight.
- "Pestilence" attacks with a bow and arrow and her plague breath; in close combat, claws are her weapon of choice.
About "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"
A dark adventure, "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" combines the expertise of celebrated artists Stan Winston, Dave DeVries, and Simon Bisley with the voice talents of Tim Curry (The Hunt for Red October, Charlie's Angels, The Three Musketeers), Lance Henriksen (The Right Stuff, Aliens, Millennium) and cult film star Traci Lords (Melrose Place, Profiler, First Wave).
The game is set in the present day as the archangel Abaddon faces possessed zealots, demons, and the daunting powers of the personified plagues of Mankind: Pestilence, War, Famine and Death. As Abaddon, the player must find the three "Chosen" and combine their untapped powers in time to save the world from destruction. It won't be easy - God's Chosen are mortals: a prostitute, a serial killer and a corrupt politician.
The story unfolds via in-game cinematics and "graphic novel" sequences by Bisley, the title's character designer. These graphic novel images are displayed on-screen complete with animations, voices and sound effects, bringing his work to life and immersing the player in the dark underworld of Hell's emissaries.
Features of the game include:
- Incredible gore and destruction effects including dismemberment, realistic and dynamic exit wounds through objects and people, morph animations, melting, and blood splatters.
- Diverse weaponry lends itself to spectacular cinematic violence - swords for melee combat, automatic weapons, projectiles for ranged combat, and magic (slow time).
- Mature content with adult themes and extreme violence.
- Stunning deaths (finishing moves) and Hollywood-style combat moves choreographed and performed by the Smashcut Action Team (The Matrix 1-3, Fight Club, The Crow).
- More than 18 levels of photo-realistic play that sweep players through gothic environments, the post-apocalypse of World War III, and the depths of Hell itself.