F1 Career Challenge is officially licenced by the Formula One Administration and positions the player as a rookie who must prove their worth by passing a range of super licence tests where upon they can take their rightful place amongst the elite drivers competing in the world's fastest and most glamorous motor sport. Reputation will determine how far your career can take you and with which team. Develop and hone your car during test days where improvements will start to show over the 4 successive seasons on the Formula One circuit.
"Consumer feedback told us that real innovation was needed in the Formula One space."," said Executive Producer Matt Webster. "In our desire to deliver the strongest Formula One experience to date, we have stepped up to the mark and are now developing the first ever multi year licensed Formula One game where you can build your racing career across four seasons."
F1 Career Challenge now features the option for the player to enter as themselves rather than competing as one of the existing F1 stars, giving them the opportunity to select their own helmet design and the pinnacle achievement – see their name at the top of the leader board.
The gameplay in F1 Career Challenge has been overhauled to give the most imersive and realistic F1 racing experience to date. The AI has been improved so that the other race drivers take on their real life personalities and allow them to experience racing incidents. The garage is the centreer of the player's decision making, featuring motion-captured mechanics, options screens selectable from within the car and personalised feedback from the Team Boss and Chief Mechanic.
In order to deliver the complete experience EA SPORTS F1 Career Challenge will provide unrivalled detail over the seasons 1999-2002. All cars, drivers, tracks and team changes that occurred during this era will be included in the game as they happened during the seasons, with details like Mika Salo completing the 1999 season, taking over from Michael Schumacher following the British GP at Silverstone.
F1 Career Challenge– the first major innovation in FORMULA ONE games for many years, will ship in April for the PS2, the Xbox and the GameCube.
- LICENCED F1 CAREER MODE - Start off as a rookie driver without a super licence and prove you have what it takes. After you earn your licence, you must compete for a ride, develop your skills, complete test days and build your reputation over four successive years - can you win the world championship?
- RACE AS YOURSELF - Create yourself as a driver in the game to challenge real-life F1 stars. Select your own helmet design and the pinnacle achievement - see your name at the top of the leader board.
- FULL DATA FROM FOUR REAL-LIFE SEASONS - EA SPORTSTM F1 Career Challenge* is truly authentic with unrivaled detail over the 1999-2002 seasons. Every car, driver, track and team change from this era is in the game, with details like Mika Salo completing the 1999 season, taking over from Michael Schumacher following the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
- INTENSE RACE ATMOSPHERE - Completely overhauled gameplay in F1 Career Challenge* delivers the most immersive and realistic F1 racing experience to date. With radically improved AI, other race drivers take on their real-life personalities allowing them to experience racing incidents. The 3D garage comes to life with motion-captured mechanics and options screens selectable from within the car.
- SPOT ON FEEDBACK - Get the same timely feedback F1 drivers get, via headset radios from your Chief Mechanic on the track and from your Team Boss off the track.
More articles about F1 Career Challenge