Get the Hi Res. Star Ancestor trailer off Worthplaying (34mb)
Get the Low Res. Star Ancestor trailer off Worthplaying (15mb)
Dive with your elite forces into a universe where certainty no longer exists. Your men have a blind confidence in your daring and tactical sense, but to make a success of your mission prepare yourself for unacceptable sacrifices. And discover the incredible truth...
Playability of course remains the selection criterion essential for the player. However he now has a machine which enables him to demand more from it : impressive special effects, even more lively music, even more precise technology. The emotions felt by each player still come with the game, but also with the dramatisation of the action. Star Ancestor aims at being a playable Space-Opera !
Star Ancestor is an Action game/Adventure by total immersion to favour extending player. For example, the player has a large panel of vehicles (as much for land as for air and space) and of weaponry at his command. The wealth of games are particularly vast and varied.
The cinematographic scope of Star Ancestor lies in the staging of the game playing itself as but also in the “cut-scenes” where the player loses touch (dramatisation of certain sequences...).
Finally, the reliability and speed of the 3D engine, developed in-house, gives an overall guarantee of a particularly successful homogeneity, assuring for the player a perfect grasp of the means placed at his disposal.
The player enters a world where every has been developed to give his action a dimension close to “reality”. The playability of Star Ancestor has been very well looked after :
- The game zones are designed to real dimensions. For certain levels (notably surface levels) the varying scenery has been created for universes of more than 25 km2.
- The player has 9 different ways of moving about (land, air, space) which he can choose freely depending on the strategy he adopts to complete his mission.
- To heighten Immersion in the game universe, background music interacts with ongoing action. For example, the background music for a combat scene will be more rhythmic than that for a scene of strategy.
- Most of the landscape elements make noises in corresponding 3D (noise of running water for a stream, for example).
- The regular presents of Non Playing Characters gives a particular relief to the game-playing. These appear as much during the playing as in transitional scenes for bring the player information which might be useful for the rest of his mission.
The emotion transmitted by the game does not come uniquely in its playing, but also through its presentation, as much during the game phases as in the transitional scenes :
- The player is “prepared” by Trailers of computer-generated images giving the first “clues” to the game…even before installing it.
- The cinema aspect is heightened by the existence of a real scenario. The player enters a story of which he is the hero and whose hazards he undergoes. The script development of the action passes as much by the relationships created between the Player Characters as with the Non Player Characters.
- The use of orchestral music stimulates particular emotions for the transitional scenes
- During certain stages in the game (for example after completion of the first mission objective), the player loses control. A “cut-scene” realised in real time brings the NPCs into the accomplishment of the mission.