Get the Purge Online v1.3.7 FULL beta off Worthplaying (99mb)
Get the Purge Online v1.3.6 -> v1.3.7 patch off Worthplaying (2mb)
Get the Purge Online v1.3.7 patch off Worthplaying (14mb)
upgrades any previous Purge Online version
That's why it is called a beta! The 6th release of the Purge Open Beta is out. Purge Open Beta 1.3.7 fixes many bugs related game mechanics and the Persistance Battle Mode, which allows players to save their Experience Points on the server. This build also has better stability and class balance. Purge 1.3.7 uses less server bandwidth than previous versions. Purge 1.3.7 can be downloaded as a full install (97 MB), as patch to Purge 1.3.6 (2.1 MB), or as patch of all previous versions (1.3.2, 1.3.3, 1.3.4, 1.3.5, or 1.3.6) of the Purge Open Beta (13.7 MB).
[Engine & Tech]
- Fixed "no respawn" bug.
- Fixed changing alignment would corrupt text strings.
- Reduced data sent from server to client.
- Clients update the server of player's movement more consistantly.
- Fixed color-coded radar.
- Class selection menu now shows all other players correctly.
- Radar can now be used in Nightvision (Order) or Extravision (Chosen).
- Persistance Battle Mode completely reprogrammed for stability.
- Fixed bug that allowed players to join an alignment that was already full.
- Safe fall distance reduced from 150% to 125%. Damage is approximately the same.
- Repair/Demolish distance reduced.
- Ion Barriers now have a base Armor Class of 0.
- Ion Barriers all reactivate in 7.5 seconds regardless of skill level
- Mend distance reduced.
- Ward now have a base Armor Class of 0.
- Ward all reactivate in 7.5 seconds regardless of skill level
- Armor reduced to 25 Armor Class and 250 Armor Points
- Defender now reduces damage by 95% instead of giving 40 AC
- Alt-fire Phoenix Axe damage increased 33%
- Nuke does 40% damage on constructions through walls now.
- Chemical Grenades now bounce off Wards and Portals.
- Angelfire does 40% damage on constructions through walls now.
- Players are now informed when the server saves their XP (Persistance only).
- Rejoining a server now places you into the class selection screen instead of spectator.
This is a beta, not a demo. There are bugs. You cannot run the dedicated server and client on the same computer without horrible CPU delays and lag. Don't do it. Also, it is very important server bandwidth settings are correct. If they set higher than the server's actual upload bandwidth, the game will lag very badly with major lost packets.
There will be constant patches. That is why it is called a beta. If there were no bugs, Purge would have gone gold already.
More articles about Purge Online