The Netherworld – a realm darker than the deepest abyss, located far beneath where mortals tread. It is a cursed land where evil reigns and foul beings dwell. Nobody knows its whereabouts, but everybody fears its existence...
The story takes place two years after the death of King Krichevskoy, the ruler of the Netherworld. His son Laharl awakens from a long sleep, unaware of his father's death. Meanwhile, scheming demons vie for supremacy over the Netherworld. With the help of his subordinate Etna and her underlings, the egocentric, self-absorbed Prince Laharl must fight to regain the throne and claim his birthright.
“ 'Disgaea: Hour of Darkness' combines a compelling gothic narrative with a comical twist,” said Yu Namba, Project Leader at Atlus. “With its breathtaking spells and innovative new strategy elements, Disgaea will be the must-play strategy RPG game of 2003 on the PlayStation 2.”
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
- Unleash over 100 mind-blowing spells and special skills to lay waste to your enemies!
- New Formation Attack System allows up to 4 of your characters to do quadruple the damage on one enemy!
- Customize your army with over 150 character classes and monsters!
- Dynamic battle system allows you to switch your characters in and out of combat to adjust your strategy on the fly!
- Never before seen gameplay elements add a new dimension of strategy! Throw enemy or friendly characters to achieve a tactical advantage over your adversaries! Use the environmental Geo Panels to decimate an entire army!
- Open a dimensional portal into the Item World and do battle there to increase the power of your weapons!
- Over 40 hours of gameplay with multiple endings!