Lemon Interactive proudly presents “Smash up Derby”, an arcade racing game bringing the idea of destruction derby back to the new millennium. The game has been co-developed with CITY interactive with people who, together with Lemon, done highly rated “Project Earth”.
The game is a mixture of racing and smashing taking place in different environment from rally tracks, arenas to parking lots. Player will race in 28 different tracks with the choice of 20 individual cars. “Smash up Derby” will offer extended model of car interactions, first ever seen special effects, extended physic models, single player career option and different tribes of multiplayer game.
The game uses Virtools engine together with physic pack Havok. The game will come up with dedicated music created by WAWA. Lemon Interactive plans the gold master for Jenuary 2003 and seeks for publishers around the globe.
Smash Up Derby offers:
- Racing in a type of destruction derby, the very interesting and proven genre with no other pc titles available
- 28 different tracks in different environment such as rally, cross, arena or parking lot
- 20 powerful cars able to drive up to 180 mph
- Contact style game (smashing, pushing and destroying)
- Fast and dynamic drive
- Extended model of car interaction: dirt, body deformation, destroying varnish, losing body elements
- Special effects: dynamic perspective, “bullet-time”, skid marks, dust, sparks, and flairs
- Hundreds of physic objects on tracks such as tires, posts, concrete stoppers, cartons
- Using of the most powerful physic engine “Havok”
- Game developed on Virtools engine
- 6000 polygons used for each car built with around 10 materials of different visual and physic features
- Up to 50.000 polygons and 80 different materials used for each track
- Controlling with keyboard, steering wheal, pad or joystick
- Force Feedback and Vibration Force functions
- Singleplayer with extended career option
- Up to 16 players in multiplayer mode via LAN/Internet.
- 3D sound and different sound backgrounds
- Music done by WAWA (their song “No problem” was in top40 UK chart)
More articles about Smash Up Derby