Get the Splinter Cell v1.1 patch (Euro version) off Worthplaying (6.5mb)
The patch fixes the following bugs:
- RenderingModeNormal.cpp: Fix Radeon 9700 rendering issue with double sided reflective transparent surfaces.
- ETexSFX.utx: Fix “static wall/floor fire” texture issue + water quality issue.
- UnShadowProjector.cpp: Fix visibility issue with dynamic actor being clipped by the visibility engine and still being rendered because of the static shadow texture cache. Massive performance improvement on shadow filtering by removing 5 passes from the filtering algorithm.
- ETexEGO.utx: Fix reflection issue on moving vehicles in Chinese 2 (Feirong limo and Unimog truck).
- 0_0_2_Training.scl: Fix projector not associated to light gameplay object and causing detection (lightmeter) in the first gun trial.
- EButterfly.uc: Butterfly is now a soft body actor to disable the static shadow texture cache when a butterfly is in a projector range.
- EFish.uc: Fish is now a soft body actor to disable the static shadow texture cache when a fish is in a projector range.
- EPCSoundConfigArea.uc: Fix a bug with the real time sound slider when one of the slider was set to 0 then playing until a map transition happened, then all sounds sliders were reset to zero.
- UnRenderVisibility.cpp: Software light beam rendering is now used by any card unable to render the shadow buffer algorithm to allow for the GF2MaxDistance parameter to take effect.
- Most maps: General design quality improvement with shadows.
- For all cd-rom's 16X or lower (16X, 12X and 8X), you must choose the full install. Splinter Cell will not function properly with minimal install.
- We recommend closing all applications when playing the game.
- We recommend not installing the application in the Windows folder or in the root of the C: drive.
- Microsoft® DirectX® 9 included in the CD-ROM.
- DirectX Latest Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads
- Splinter Cell PC does not support Game pads.
- Please note that on supported 32MB video cards, you are forced to play with minimal specs (minimal resolution 640x480; minimal shadow resolution and minimal shadow details).
- ? We do recommend to use the latest graphic card drivers:
- For the NVidia GeForce2-3-4 owners (see above for supported cards), we recommend the 41.09 drivers. Very important: set performance&quality settings to application. You can get the latest NVidia drivers @ http://www.nvidia.com
- For the ATI Radeon, recommend the Catalyst 2.5 (6218 for 2000/XP) or better. You can get the latest ATI drivers @ http://www.ati.com
- For the Matrox Parhelia owners, we recommend the 1.02.00.042 drivers. You can get the latest Matrox drivers @ http://www.matrox.com
- You can get the latest Hercules drivers @ http://www.hercules.com
- You can get the latest Creative Labs drivers @ http://www.creative.com
- For more information visit our site http://www.splintercell.com
More articles about Splinter Cell