"All-Star Baseball 2004 builds upon our #1 position in the market with another high-quality gaming experience that sets a new benchmark, and it is sure to appeal to hardcore and casual baseball fans alike," said David Knies, Director of Acclaim Sports. "With more than 80 new features, All-Star Baseball 2004 is truly the deepest game with all the tools."
"All-Star Baseball 2004 raises the bar on realism and is the closest thing to actually playing in the big leagues," added Acclaim spokesperson and four-time World Series Champion, Derek Jeter. "Acclaim has done an incredible job with All-Star Baseball 2004, from the attention to detail to the rich history of the Negro Leagues, and I'm sure it will be a home run with
gamers this season."
"Acclaim's All-Star Baseball 2004 is a wonderful tribute to the talented players of the Negro Leagues who truly loved the game of baseball," concluded Buck O'Neil former player for the Kansas City Monarchs and Chairman of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. "I'm excited that All-Star Baseball 2004 will help make players like Josh Gibson, Satchel Paige and Pop Lloyd come to life for an entire new generation of baseball fans."
All-Star Baseball 2004 returns this season with an array of exciting new features, including:
- All-new front end and broadcast quality game presentations;
- Over 50 playable teams, including all 30 Major League Baseball teams and 20 unlockable teams;
- 75 stadiums, each with active dugouts and bullpens, real time scoreboards and jumbotrons;
- More than 1,000 players to choose from, including over 110 retired Legends of MLB and Negro Leagues, such as Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Satchel Page, Josh Gibson and Buck O'Neil;
- 9 new gameplay modes, including Scenario mode, which allows players to relive and change classic moments from the 2002 MLB season;
- Deeper, more customizable Franchise mode;
- All-new online downloadable rosters (PlayStation2 and the Xbox only);
- In-game save capability;
- Multimedia section, featuring interviews with Derek Jeter, Cal Ripken and Buck O'Neil;
- First-time-ever in a video game - selectable Spanish play-by-play commentary;
All-Star Baseball 2004 is currently available for Xbox, Nintendo GameCube and Game Boy Advance. The game will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system on Tuesday, March 4, 2003. For a complete list of features and to order All-Star Baseball 2004, please visit the official website.