Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell sets new standards on the PlayStation®2, immersing gamers in a deadly world of shadowy conspiracies and heart-pounding intrigue. State-of-the-art technology including the true-to-life dynamic lighting and shadow system, and new weather and ambient environment effects such as hazy heat, reflective surfaces, sea waves and depth and focus blurring, make Splinter Cell one of the most visually enticing titles on the system to date. The 3D sound environment encompasses the player with realistic ambient sounds, through advanced triple-streaming sound technology - separating individual voices, sound effects and music. Then rendered with Dolby Pro Logic II technology, the sound effects in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell for the Playstation®2 are some of the most
sophisticated available to date. Players are submerged into a hyper-realistic world where visual and aural effects add to the tension of high-stakes counterterrorism.
Since its initial release for the Xbox video game system in November 2002, Splinter Cell has gone on to sell more than one million units in North America alone and 600,000 units in Europe. It boasts an average rating of 94.4 (out of a possible 100), based on a sample of 54 reviews, and was recently awarded GameSpy's Xbox Game of the Year for 2002.
In bringing the hottest game on Xbox to the Sony's PlayStation®2 game platform, Ubi Soft Entertainment was determined not to deliver 'just another port' from another system. "We have added stunning visual and sound effects that have never before been seen on the PlayStation®2-really maximizing the capabilities of the system," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubi Soft Entertainment. "Then we added more of what made the Xbox game so cool, adding new levels, gadgets and cinematics that really make Splinter Cell on the PS2 an incredible gameplay experience in its own right. Yet again, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell will change how gamers look at their consoles!"
You are Sam Fisher. A lone shadow-operative in a world where lost seconds can allow terrorist plans to become deadly reality. You operate in the heart of hostile territory. Spy. Steal. Destroy. Assassinate. Just don't ever be seen. Because when the stakes are this high, the choice between leaving a witness or a corpse is no choice at all. When two CIA agents mysteriously vanish in the former Soviet republic of Georgia, the NSA's secret sub agency, Third Echelon, deploys Sam Fisher-its most capable splinter cell operative-to recover them. Fisher soon uncovers a deeper conspiracy: a plot that threatens to destabilize the world order and spark nuclear conflict.
Standout Game Features
- Covert stealth-action featuring a compelling original storyline and characters drawn from the world of the famous espionage author Tom Clancy.
- Revolutionary lighting, shadowing, animation, physics, and sound effects create an astonishingly realistic, tension-filled experience on the PlayStation 2.
- Comprehensive stealth techniques including sniping, split jumping, zip lining, rappelling, and using human shields bring gameplay possibilities to a new level.
- Experimental intelligence gadgets including the all-new binocular vision headset and more (night/thermal vision goggles, prototype weapons and surveillance gear, etc.) give Fisher the edge against his enemies.
" The Powerplant mission features four new exclusive levels, in addition to the 10 existing missions, plus 30 minutes of new cinematics.
- An all new four minute cinematic introduction including music recorded specifically for Splinter Cell by the famous Prague Orchestra.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell carries a "T" (Teen) rating from the ESRB and will be priced at $49.99.