Players will aid Mace Griffin's search for revenge and the truth by taking on an extensive variety of bounty missions. For example, in either space or on the ground, the player will be able to destroy massive space stations, stop rustlers from stealing alien super cattle, infiltrate and sabotage organizations, salvage smuggled technology and protect crime lords. The mix of missions will require brutality, speed, agility, skill, stamina, accuracy and powers of deduction.
- Seamless transition between first-person combat and space flight action.
- An epic story with the pacing and drama of a blockbuster movie.
- Consistent flight control and weapons management systems in both space and on the ground.
- The ability to pilot six different ships from alien fighters to massive carriers.
- Lifelike Non-Player Characters (Artificial Intelligence) react depending on their intelligence, bravery, health and weapons.
- Diverse missions that may be story-driven or incidental creating a dynamic and realistic universe.
- "Rag doll" IK system, which creates realistic results when a character is shot or hit, including slamming into walls, and crumpling like a rag doll.
- 10 different player weapons and 11 different spaceship weapons.
- An array of diverse environments offering different physics, obstacles, inhabitants and creatures. Examples include gas refineries, alien cattle ranches and temples located on planetoids, space stations and ships.