"With these two Jungle Book titles based on the original film, Ubi Soft demonstrates its ongoing commitment to providing the finest in family games," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubi Soft Entertainment. "Children and adults alike will have a great time with this updated classic game, complete with new adventures, cool 3D graphics, entertaining characters, and the magic of the movie-going experience."
The brand new Disney's The Jungle Book for the Game Boy Advance allows players to explore vivid worlds and greet familiar faces as the young hero Mowgli. Six lush, 3D worlds and 20 massive levels, such as the Indian Jungle, the Swamp, and King Louie's Temple, deliver mind-bending puzzles and mini-games:
- Encounter wild creatures
- Challenge King Louie to a dance contest
- Take a fast-action ride on Baloo's belly
- Avoid the hypnotizing gaze of Kaa
The Animation Gallery offers another bonus where players can unlock photos of favorite jungle pals as well as special animated sequences from the original film.
Disney's The Jungle Book: Rhythm n' Groove for the PlayStation 2 updates the popular PlayStation version of the same game with spectacular new 3D graphics to take advantage of this next generation system; players can also view the theatrical trailer for The Jungle Book 2 and unlock 3D sequences based on the original film as they move through the game. Using the game controller or any PlayStation 2-compatible dance pad, players can dance through the jungle:
- Imitate the funky moves of all the jungle pals to bring Mowgli safely to the man-village
- Move to the beat through 9 stunning 3D worlds, based on the main scenes of the movie
- Groove to favorite tunes like "The Bare Necessities" and "I Wanna Be Like You"
- Play solo or with a friend: Dance as Mowgli or choose one of 10 characters from the film
Both titles will release with the opening of The Jungle Book 2. Cross-promotional ads will appear in the The Jungle Book 2: Born to Be Wild! book series, published by Random House, and the Jungle Book music album.