On a future devastated Earth, powerful, corrupt corporations control remaining technology and rule what's left of society. Pacification Squads, a brutal private
police force, maintain order for the corporate syndicate. The only hope for freedom is a small group of Resistance fighters made up of gang leaders, mercenaries
and ex-military operatives. As the Resistance leader you must assemble your army and travel the globe, restoring peace and sanity in a very dangerous world.
- Next-generation Unreal® Engine coupled with the MathEngine Karma™ physics system provides dramatic visuals, ultra-realistic object physics, rag-doll deaths, and user-friendly mod tools
- Hollywood-style explosions and in-your-face special effects showcase awesome particle physics including explosive headshots, flowing water and blood, amazing weapons effects and realistic fire created by the amazing "OFX" VisualFX system with full hardware T & L support
- Tons of physics-enable objects can be used, destroyed or manipulated-set traps with the garbage in the streets, use a broken bottle to slash your way to victory or toss a chair down the hall to distract a guard
- More than 40 unique weapons, including machine guns, swords, handguns, sniper weapons and incredible Rat Bombs that allow players to "become the weapon"
- Objective-based, storyline focused single player campaign, incorporating special skills like stealth, surveillance, hacking into security systems, sniping, and brute force
- 36 massive, photorealistic levels based off real-world textures, including 22 single player and 14 multiplayer maps, set in four stunning environments
- All the favorite online multiplayer standards, including traditional head to head and teamplay games, including an exciting new style of multiplayer gaming.
- Powerful, easy-to-use editor with more than 4,000 prefabs and tons of physics-enabled objects
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP, Pentium® III 700 MHz processor (1.0 GHz Recommended),
256 MB RAM, 1 GB Hard Disk Space, 3D Accelerated video card with T&L and 32 MB
VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce/ATI Radeon minimum examples, 64 MB VRAM Recommended), DirectX®
version 8.1 (Included) Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) supported Multiplayer.
*Internet play requires a 33.6 Kbps or faster modem (Broadband Recommended)
If you want to find out more, visit www.DevastationGame.com where you can read a large batch of previews, view a few gameplay mini-movies or check out tons of amazing screenshots. There is also a group of concept art sketches, and a large feature on one of the major characters in the game, Eve McAllister. If you have questions the DevastationGame.com Forums are a busy place, with a new FAQ available and a friendly community that will answer any other questions you might have.
More articles about Devastation