“Uplink is a very unique game with plenty of addictive elements,” says Steve Milburn, Director of Marketing for Strategy First Inc. “I think players will have a great time trying to work their way into a hacker’s world and doing as much damage as they can.”
If you’re good, you’ll get into the system, if you’re great, you’ll take it down…
In Uplink, players take on the role of an Uplink agent, working for large corporations and hacking into rival computer systems, stealing research data, sabotaging other companies, laundering money, erasing evidence, and framing innocent people.
- Original gameplay that gives players the opportunity to be freelance hackers
- Freeform gameplay: Accept the missions that you want to play
- Neuromancer rating: Let your morals guide you; save the net or watch processors melt. Uplink offers two totally different paths to ‘3l33t’ hacker status
- Exciting Missions: Crack a bank, hack a rival into jail, crash the stock market, and get out before you’re caught
- Thrilling action where players make those last 15 seconds count and feel the tension rise, as their signal is traced
- Deep Plot: The computer underground can be a dangerous place, especially if you’ve got to stop the world’s deadliest virus
- Choose your OS: Runs on Windows and Linux
Uplink will be distributed exclusively by Infogrames throughout North America.
More articles about Uplink: Hacker Elite