Get the America's Army v1.6 FULL off Worthplaying (360mb)
This Version 1.6 update expands the importance of rules of engagement and teamwork within America's Army due to its introduction of non-combatants in the new "Radio Tower" non-combatant rescue mission. New functionality such as the addition of projectile penetration and ricochets add increased realism to game scenarios. Version 1.6 also marks the transition of America's Army to the production version of Unreal's version 2110 engine. Having been the first game to launch on the beta of this next generation Unreal engine, America's Army is now positioned to deliver Soldiers and its expanding array of occupations, settings and missions in the coming months. The first occupations set for deployment in America's Army: Soldiers includes Special Forces, Combat Medics, Engineers, and Scouts - RSTA/UAV. America's Army: Operations will also see new missions where player capabilities gained in Soldiers combine with new armaments and combat systems in the defense of freedom.
Updated Game Engine.
The updated version of the game engine provides improved networking and audio performance and enhanced server and client stability. The production version of the Unreal engine will allow America's Army to deliver an expanding array of functionality, combat systems, armaments and of course, expanded opportunities to explore occupations and individual development in America's Army: Soldiers.
"Radio Tower" Non-Combatant Rescue Mission "Radio Tower" is a daytime mission in which assaulting elite Army Rangers parachute into harsh desert terrain, infiltrate a catacomb of underground tunnels, rescue international aid workers and secure a large radio tower from opposing forces. Players on the defense serve as elite Army Rangers charged with defending a group of aid workers and a large radio tower from attack by opposing forces.
By implementing projectile penetration, America's Army Version 1.6 will provide players with expanded realism across all simulated combat levels. Surfaces such as cloth, glass and wood will now allow projectile penetration with projectile damage and trajectory affected by the type of surface penetrated. With this upgrade the difference between cover and concealment will be apparent!
In addition to projectile penetration, America's Army: Operations now incorporates ricochets as well. With this feature, firing your weapon at an object with an incident angle of less than 45 degrees can result in ricochets. The damage and trajectory resulting from ricocheting projectiles will vary with a projectile's incident angle and the type of material it hits.
Other New Features Include:
- Bullet decals now appear on static meshes
- Bullet decals now appear on movers (e.g., doors) Separate entry and exit effects for bullet penetration KeepDecals option. This is the minimum number of decals
before old decals will be deleted.
- New ricochet sounds
- New footstep sounds for concrete and carpet New texture detail options in advanced video settings Private server password entry window now added within
the in-game Server Browser page
- Added spam-control for the messaging system
- New desert camouflage skins for U.S. soldiers
- New loading screen
- Added fatigue timer/limit to jumping capabilities for improved realism
- Frag Grenade Aiming: When you pull the pin, the line between the tip of your thumb and the tip of your index finger is now aligned with the middle of the screen.
- Sound radius adjusted for various sound effects, including weapon fire, grenades, objectives, and player voices
- Lighting enhanced on static and skeletal meshes Updated animations to reduce some issues with avatar hands crashing through each other
- The Parental Control language filter is ON by default Min/Max honor added to command post server settings (in default.ini)
- Admin Command Post now reads the list of editable server settings from the .ini file (server side)
- Votekick reason is now mandatory
- Improved the idle-kick functionality
- Improved weapon-jamming algorithm
- Enhanced flash-bang effect
- Enhanced ear-ringing effect for grenades
- * Sounds no longer audible from extended distances
- Opposing force versions of M24/M82 no longer show friendly meshes after supported
- Players can no longer use binoculars and NVGs at same time Servers no longer crash when kicking multiple players at once Map rotation works properly now (ini file changes)
- Opposing force language has been removed from MILES maps
- Players can now be identified within objectives
- Players can now pickup items within objectives
- GP30/M203 attachments show up correctly for friendly/enemy
- Fixed M82 muzzle flash rotation
- Objectives no longer act as invisible shields
- Various sprinting issues related to zooming are fixed
- Fixed several issues with the language filter
- Autoswap from grenade will work when jumping (swaps when you land)
- Weapon lowering animation bug has been fixed
- Devkick will no longer kick a non-dev who issues the command
- Fixed sprint issues when using M24/M82 rifles
- Tracer auras (Nicknamed Aurora Borealis) should no longer show up in game
- Issues with team balancing have been corrected
More articles about America's Army