"'Vietcong' recreates the unpredictable nature of lethal jungle combat as players strategically battle through hazardous terrain and mazes of underground tunnels," said Kelly Sumner, President of Gathering. "The game's stunning graphics and intense sound system bring the missions vividly to life."
Players of Vietcong can...
- Enter a killing zone as either U.S. or VC soldiers in intense multiplayer action for up to 64 players.
- Stalk your enemy with an elite force of specially trained soldiers.
- Fight for honor and freedom in over 20 dramatic missions.
- Strike from the shadows with more than 20 deadly weapons.
- Race across hazardous terrain in jeeps, huey's, and riverboats.
- Stay alert or their next step could trigger trip wires, spikes, or pit traps.
- Infiltrate dangerous underground lairs containing miles of enemy infested tunnels.
Acting as an elite soldier, players of "Vietcong" command a U.S. Special Forces team, in realistically represented Vietnamese environments. Players will lead as many as six expertly trained soldiers through 20 dramatic missions, and follow a storyline that captures the danger, fear and unpredictability of the war itself. The full-featured multiplayer mode also allows gamers to play as U.S. Special Forces or Vietcong soldiers and to battle over specially designed levels.
In "Vietcong," the player chooses from more than 25 weapons, including M16's, grenade launchers and sniper rifles. Players can order air strikes or ambush enemy patrols, but success ultimately depends on their ability to keep a level head in the thick of intense action.
More articles about Vietcong