1. Who has the honor of talking to us? State your name, rank and occupation!
It truly is an honor. My name is Vince Desi, I’m the CEO of Running With Scissors, we’re the video game developer responsible for making POSTAL
2. What have the peeps over at Running With Scissors been up to lately?
We’re putting the finishing touches on POSTAL 2, you know adding a few last items to make you scream laughing.
3. Has there been an outcry of the postal workers of America about this game? Or any harassment at all?
Actually we get a lot of fan mail and support from postal workers, it’s the management that doesn’t like us. I heard there’s something like 1 supervisor for every 2 employees, that would make anyone go postal.
4. We have been waiting for Postal 2 for a while, who wouldn’t love gun totin', death bringing madness in Unreal like graphics. Can you give us some info on what Postal 2 has to offer? The story? Graphics? Etc
POSTAL 2 is different, very different. POSTAL 2 is a FPA, a first person adventure, and this is a surprise to everyone who’s been expecting a typical fps, truth is POSTAL 2 fucks hallway shooters in the ass. The story is simple – you play the Postal Dude, and you get to live out a “normal” week in his shoes, you know doing everyday regular stuff. The graphics are very rich in detail and offer intricate pathways, not just up and down pretty hallway crap.
5. Since it will be about a week in Postal dudes life, will the fun end at the end of the week?
That depends on your perspective, some people might be relieved while others will jump at the replay value, we’ve packed POSTAL 2 with tons of cool exploratory stuff and lots of random variety so you can play over and over again.
6. How large will the game world be? Will you have different zones that require loading or will it all open all the time?
POSTAL offers 1 very large game world, and within are several environments like Suburbs and Industrial for example. Because of the humongo world the Dude plays in it’s necessary to load new areas but we make things entertaining and worth every bit of the wait.
7. Just how far will the madness go? What sort of weapons does Postal have? And how many can you carry?
POSTAL 2 is only as violent as you are. We offer a nice collection of unique weapons such as a Shovel, a Tazer, a Scissors, a Cat Silencer, Gasoline and of course we have some automatic firearms as well. There’s really no limit to what you can carry.
8. How about the Fuzz? As the death toll mounts will they come after your white trash ass?
Deception is a big part of the gameplay. Depending on how aggressive and outgoing you are the cops will deal with you accordingly. If you play it right you can get away with a helluva lot.
9. How real will the game world be? Such as blowing up buildings, destroying trees, and setting the propane canisters on mobile homes a blaze?
POSTAL 2 takes place in a pseudo realistic town. We offer many types of building and areas, all of which you can enter and explore. We’re using Karma physics and Liquid physics so you can blow things sky high and pour gasoline off rooftops and piss people off by pissing on them Hahahahahah!
10. Will there be different difficulty settings for the AI?
Yeah, we have a large range from pussy to total insanity.
11. Any chance at a multiplayer aspect of Postal 2? Where you and your poor ass friends can wage war from their respected trailer parks?
We’re developing a full blown MP add-on. We wanted to add MP in P2 but we decided to concentrate on single player and make it really good, rather than offer both and have it suck.
12. How many different type of NPCS will there be? Are we talking blonde chicks with huge ASSets and spandex? Or inbred hill billies?
Over 150 UNIQUE NPC’s, that’s right I said 150. We offer it all – white, brown, black, straight, gay, fat, skinny, short, tall, bald you name it, and oh yeah we got a lot of ass, all the chicks in P2 are doable.
13. How about the mod community? Will they be given access to create add-ons for Postal 2, so the madness can continue?
Absolutely, some are already underway.
14. Do you have any plans for an expansion? Postal 3?
POSTAL Tournament is next, it will bring MP to a whole new level, different than anybody has ever seen. And as long as we’re not all in prison, there will be a P3.
15. What are system requirements for Postal 2? Can a ghetto rigged 486 do the job?
Hahahahahah! The only thing ghetto that might run POSTAL 2 is a hi-end machine that someone stole. It’s based on the UNREAL engine, so real power is required, heres the recommended specs:
Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon 733 MHz computer
Windows 98, ME, 2000, or XP
128 MB of RAM
1.2 GB of hard drive space
8X CD-ROM drive
*32 MB GeForce 2 or Radeon - class video card
*Windows-compatible sound card
16. Was there any content you had to remove because it just wouldn’t work or not enough time? Anything you guys deemed as TOO explicit?
Not really, we self funded this game from the beginning which gave us the freedom to do what we want, and Whiptail Interactive loved it raw for all its insanity.
17. Will we see a Postal 2 demo before the game becomes available?
18. Has censorship and/or certain stores not carrying the game had an impact on the development or distribution/sales?
Surely the less stores the less sales, but we’re confident that it will still do well. If you want POSTAL 2 you will find it and of course you can get it online.
19. Finally is there anything you crazies over at RWS would like to add? To get the ghetto people of America to spend their fast food pay checks on?
Just one thing – GET READY cause the POSTAL Dude is right around the corner.
More articles about Postal 2