Due for a Spring release in the UK, Smash Up Derby is an adrenaline filled fight for survival with a choice of 20 powerfully tuned cars capable of speeds up to 180mph.
Over 28 different tracks from rally and cross country to racetrack and parking lot you smash, shunt and destroy your way to victory, taking on competitors whose main aim is to get you out of the race. Tyres, concrete posts, crates and hundreds of other obstacles litter the tracks to add to the skill level and realistic car damage includes dents, scrapes and loss of parts.
With dynamic special effects like skid marks, dust, sparks and flares, Smash Up Derby offers single player mode with extended carrier option or up to eight player multi-mode over LAN/Internet. Control choice includes keyboard, steering wheel, pad or joystick, featuring force feedback and vibration force function and music is provided by top band WAWA.
Developed with the Virtools engine and using the powerful Havok physics engine, Smash Up Derby employs over 6,000 polygons and 10 different materials for each car and up to 50,000 polygons and 80 different materials for each track.
Destined to be the only one of its kind currently on the PC shelves, this could be the first taste of classic Destruction Derby mayhem for many gamers and for others it will certainly give 21st century polish to a favourite genre.
- Racing in a type of destruction derby, the very interesting and proven genre with no other pc titles available
- 28 different tracks in different environment such as rally, cross, arena or parking lot
- 20 powerful cars able to drive up to 180 mph
- Contact style game (smashing, pushing and destroying)
- Fast and dynamic drive
- Extended model of car interaction: dirt, body deformation, destroying varnish, losing body elements
- Special effects: dynamic perspective, “bullet-time”, skid marks, dust, sparks, and flairs
- Hundreds of physic objects on tracks such as tires, posts, concrete stoppers, cartons
- Using of the most powerful physic engine “Havok”
- Game developed on Virtools engine
- 6000 polygons used for each car built with around 10 materials of different visual and physic features
- Up to 50.000 polygons and 80 different materials used for each track
- Controlling with keyboard, steering wheal, pad or joystick
- Force Feedback and Vibration Force functions
- Singleplayer with extended career option
- Up to 16 players in multiplayer mode via LAN/Internet.
- 3D sound and different sound backgrounds
- Music done by WAWA (their song “No problem” was in top40 UK chart)
More articles about Smash Up Derby