Get the NWN Linux Client off Worthplaying (5mb)
1. Download the Linux Client 1.29 binaries (tar.gz, 4.4 MB)
2. Copy the following files from a Windows installation of Neverwinter Nights (updated to 1.29) into a directory called, for example, 'nwn':
dialogF.tlk (French, German, Italian, and Spanish)
If you are using ftp to transfer the files, be sure to transfer them in binary mode.
3. Install Linux binaries by extrating the archive into your 'nwn' directory
4. Run ./fixinstall from your 'nwn' directory.
To run Neverwinter Nights, run ./nwn or ./dmclient from your 'nwn' directory to run the player client or DM client respectively.
5. The Neverwinter Nights client uses the Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) library, see readme-SDL.txt for more details. You can download the SDL files for the Neverwinter Nights Linux Client below:
SDL Binaries (rpm , 176 KB)
SDL Source (tar.gz, 1.76 MB)
More articles about Neverwinter Nights