Set in the Forgotten Realms® world, the most popular Dungeons & Dragons® campaign setting, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II will use the 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons rules set. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II will feature more monsters, graphically stunning environments and five new and unique customizable player characters to choose from, hidden areas to explore, as well as a new item creation system that will allow players to create their own ultimate magical artifacts. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II is scheduled to be available at retail for holiday 2003.
"The move to develop for the console systems with Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance allowed the team to bring new adventure and life into the series and enhance the franchise," states Feargus Urquhart, president of Black Isle Studios.
Darkness gathers yet again in the sprawling port city of Baldur's Gate and the city's most recent saviors vanished along with the Onyx Tower, foul bastion of Eldrith the Betrayer. In heroic tradition, adventurers throughout the Western Heartlands make the journey to Baldur's Gate to meet their great and unknown fate. The threat of Eldrith has been eliminated, yet sinister, enigmatic forces still rally against the city. There are many intrigues to unravel, enemies to butcher, and characters to meet -- both old and new -- before Baldur's Gate is saved from a fate far worse than utter destruction.
- Fast paced, addictive hack n' slash combat with over 40+ levels of thrilling action spread over 4 acts.
- Five new customizable characters, each with distinctive powers appearances and abilities that develop throughout the game.
- New, amazingly detailed environments and monsters with even more explosive spell effects than before.
- A new, inventive item creation system that allows players to forge their own unique magical weapons and armor from raw components.
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use, from enchanted potions and scrolls to wands.
- Sequel to the highly acclaimed 2002 Console RPG of the Year from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.
- Branching storyline allows the player to choose how he or she wants to the play the game, making each game experience unique.
- Two-player cooperative mode that allows both players to play the game on a full screen.
More articles about Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II