“KOEI is proud to finally bring G1 Jockey 3 to North America. The title is the best-selling action-oriented thoroughbred racing game in Japan, and the second top selling horse racing game after KOEI’s Winning Post simulation series,” said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales & Marketing at KOEI Corporation. “Bringing the title stateside this summer is part of KOEI’s ongoing commitment to provide a product mix of internationally acclaimed titles that will appeal to a worldwide audience.”
Riding atop a half-ton thoroughbred at lightning speeds requires strength, stamina, and intense concentration. But that’s only part of a jockey’s life. The greatest jockeys are daredevil athletes, clever negotiators, and warrior-like tacticians who know how to get the best ride from champion steeds.
In G1 Jockey 3 players take the role of an apprentice jockey thrust into the highly competitive sport of thoroughbred racing. Over the course of a season, players face fierce competition as they battle to become the world’s top Grade 1 jockey. All the action and the vibrant spectacle of thoroughbred racing are captured in real-time 3D. Players have full control of their steed right out of the gate and all the way to the furious finish.
G1 Jockey 3’s racing features include:
- 10 tracks and 35 courses, including flat and steeplechase races.
- 4,000 playable horses, each with its own unique characteristics. More horses than any other racing game.
- Over 100 rival jockeys
- Changing weather and track conditions
- Meticulous 3D modeling from colorful jockey silks to horse markings (“socks” and “blazes”), hoods and blinkers.
Arcade-style racing is only part of the action. From negotiating with trainers to year-end awards ceremonies, G1 Jockey 3 faithfully recreates the drama of the trackside world. Players will:
- Negotiate with trainers for the best rides. Each year older horses retire and younger horses become eligible for competition. It’s up to the player to find the next champion.
- Learn racing tactics from veteran jockeys
- Set-up a racing schedule and work the system of race classes. Ride a horse all the way from Maiden races to the pinnacle of the racing world, the G1 or Grade 1 Class.
G1 Jockey 3 also includes a Training Mode and a 2-Player Versus Mode. Both modes focus purely on racing. Players select a horse, track, and race distance, flat or steeplechase course, size of field, weather and track conditions, and difficulty level.
G1 Jockey 3 is the first game in the series to be released in North America, and ships to retailers in June 2003. Available exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, G1 Jockey 3 is rated “RP” (Rating Pending) by the ESRB.