"Cartoon Network's popular characters translate wonderfully onto an interactive platform and are a perfect fit for the Game Boy Advance audience," said Ken Gold, Vice President of Marketing. "Younger players will enjoy Cartoon Network Speedway's unique features that set it apart from typical kart racing games."
"Cartoon Network Speedway marks the first time our characters have appeared in a kart racing game, and players will really enjoy the gear-grinding action as they put the pedal to the metal with their favorite characters," said Jamie Porges, vice president of Off Channel Commerce for Cartoon Network. "In addition, we're pleased to present, with Majesco, the interactive debut of a number of Cartoon Network properties, including Courage the Cowardly Dog, Cow and Chicken, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, and Sheep in the Big City."
Cartoon Network Speedway features 12 different courses themed to the specific Cartoon Network properties. "Zippers" for speed boosts, obstacles, jumps, drop offs, and slippery surfaces make each track a challenge to navigate. In addition, players must perform impressive stunts and maneuvers to win the highest popularity rating from the audience. The more popular your character is, the more hidden surprises you can unlock.
Cartoon Network Speedway also offers the following key features:
- Play as 12 characters including Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Sheep in the Big City and Cow and Chicken.
- Unique Star Ratings system rewards skilled drivers with points when they "wow" the audience with stunts, power slides and shortcuts.
- 15 power-ups add strategy to fast-paced races: portable hole, disposable shield, wiener missile, magnetizor, pork butts, custard pie mine, invisibility potion, lightning wheels and more.
- Pick up a sidekick character unique to your Cartoon Network star. For example, when Johnny Bravo finds Little Suzy, he earns a speed increase, invulnerability and double Star Rating awards.
- Three different game play modes: Quick Race, Championship and Challenge.
- Unlockable characters, championships, power-ups and tracks extend replay value.
- 2-player game play with Game Boy Advance Game Link Cable.
Additional information on Cartoon Network Speedway and other Majesco titles can be obtained by visiting the official website.