"PlanetSide is taking the first-person action genre beyond 32-player, 15-minute frag fests and dropping players into an action filled, large scale fray with thousands of allies and enemies fighting for control of the planet," said Michael Lustenberger, director of product marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "PlanetSide delivers a huge sense of scale, never before seen character development and growth, and a persistent global conflict to entice gamers into the fray."
PlanetSide is the world's first massively multiplayer online first-person action game. Featuring a vast game world where hundreds and thousands of players can battle one another in a fantastic science fiction environment, PlanetSide takes squad-based tactics to the next level. Players choose their allegiance and enlist with one of three unique empires in the struggle for planetary domination. Characters gain experience with every conflict, and can become one of the best in more than 30 combat specialties, including infantry, sniper, stealth commando, engineer, hacker, medic, pilot, driver and more.
PlanetSide also features:
- Hundreds of different armor and weapons configurations to truly customize play style
- More than a dozen different land and air vehicles to learn and master
- Dozens of combat skills and specialties to assist your team and empire
- Ten continents of unprecedented scale, always in turmoil and conflict
- Massive battlefields with thousands of unique tactical situations and conflicts
More articles about PlanetSide