"Eric Young has designed and developed many of our favorite strategy games, including the V for Victory series, the World at War series, and the Close Combat series. He is truly one of the leaders in his field. We are confident that Squad Assault: West Front will join his previous award-winning efforts in the historical wargaming genre. Our alliances and partnerships will ensure that Squad Assault reaches the widest possible audience" said Matrix Games, Inc. Director of Operations David Heath.
John Davidson, President of Freedom Games, commented, "Matrix Games is leading the pack when it comes to war and strategy games. Their expertise in developing, producing and publishing allows them to understand the needs of the developers and the desires of the gamers in this genre. This gives us the ability to design and develop the Squad Assault series the way we've always wanted to".
Once the battle starts, the virtual soldiers you command respond with real reactions to the combat situations around them. This psychological modeling combines with unsurpassed detail in terrain, weather, weapons, vehicles, and armor penetration to make Squad Assault: West Front a riveting recreation of World War II tactical combat.
Multi-player options for head to head play via TCP/IP / LAN are included.
KEY FEATURES :
- Continuous time / Timed play World War II 3D strategy game
- User defined auto-pause
- Company level tactical setting with the emphasis on small unit tactics.
- Detailed combat system
- Detailed armor model
- Detailed psychological model
- Detailed terrain model based on topographic maps of the real terrain
- Multi-player action for head to head play
- Historical and hypothetical scenarios
- Operations and dynamic campaigns allow long replay ability
More articles about Squad Assault: West Front