The latest installment in the award-winning series, Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria is a unique blend of role playing and turn-based strategy gaming. Set in the troubled land of Etheria, old foes such as Dwarves, Elves, and Orcs have resumed their ancient hostilities and the Undead legions of Lord Bane have returned. The game centers on the actions of your Warlord, who plays a pivotal role in the success or failure of your military efforts.
The Heroes of Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria show their mastery of sword and sorcery in the new tactical combat system. In casting spells, smiting foes, or boosting the morale of shaken troops, Heroes can turn the tide of battle. Players may grow and develop their Heroes from battle to battle, gaining abilities and skills, and accumulating magic items and treasures.
Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria uses an enhanced version of the Warlords Battlecry II terrain engine to bring the splendidly rendered landscape of Etheria to life. Special spell effects will illuminate the detailed tactical battlefields, while war machines wreak death and destruction on city walls.
Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria Features:
- STS: Speed Tactical System - Innovative new combat resolution system which greatly speeds up combat and allows unit control of traditional tactical combat systems without the micromanagement of movement of units and terrain effects.
- Terrain - All new lush 3D rendered height-mapped terrain. Dozens of terrain and animation effects.
- Persistent Heroes - Your hero improves after every battle, and the same hero can be used in campaign, skirmish or multiplayer. There are a huge number of development options for a hero.
- Enhanced Computer AI - The proprietary AI gives you unparalleled and incredibly cunning opponents.
- A New Campaign - Choose any hero and any side to battle over the whole of Etheria with our new open-ended, dynamic, non-linear Campaign. Fight duels, beat off invasions, capture territory and use your hard-won cash to purchase powerful magical artifacts.
- Unique Multiplayer Features: STS combat will allow faster gameplay for both allied play and free-for-all (up to 8 players) over the Internet.
- Ten Different Sides - Ten unique sides all feature their own tech-trees, buildings, units, and playing styles.
- Spells - Automated combat casting and high quality graphical effects .
- Almost 120 Different Units - That's a huge number of fantasy creatures and Heroes for a strategy game. And every unit in the game can gain experience and grow stronger.
- CD Quality Orchestral Score - Almost half an hour of original Celtic/orchestral music provides a soundtrack to your epic accomplishments.
- Victory Conditions - The game offers a wide variety of victory conditions and scripted victory events in both single and multiplayer.
More articles about Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria