"Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is sure to impress PlayStation 2 and Nintendo GameCube fans. It earned its place as console game of the year by providing exclusive content and high quality excitement-filled gameplay experiences regardless of platform," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubi Soft Entertainment.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell attained critical and commercial success, and was recently named Console Game of the Year by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Science. Since its initial release for the Xbox(tm) video game system in November 2002, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell has gone on to sell more than one million units in North America alone and 600, 000 units in Europe. It boasts an average rating of 94.4 (out of a possible 100), based on a sample of 54 reviews, and was awarded, and was named both IGN.com's and GameSpy's Xbox Game of the Year for 2002. The PlayStation 2 game has been named Electronic Gaming Monthly game of the month for May and was awarded four and a half stars out of five by Official PlayStation Magazine.
You are Sam Fisher. A lone shadow-operative in a world where lost seconds can allow terrorist plans to become deadly reality. You operate in the heart of hostile territory. Spy. Steal. Destroy. Assassinate. Just don't ever be seen. Because when the stakes are this high, the choice between leaving a witness or a corpse is no choice at all. When two CIA agents mysteriously vanish in the former Soviet republic of Georgia, the NSA's secret sub agency, Third Echelon, deploys Sam Fisher-its most capable splinter cell operative-to recover them. Fisher soon uncovers a deeper conspiracy: a plot that threatens to destabilize the world order and spark nuclear conflict.
Standout Game Features
- Covert stealth-action featuring a compelling original storyline and characters drawn from the world of the famous espionage author Tom Clancy.
- Revolutionary lighting, shadowing, animation, physics, and sound effects create an astonishingly realistic tension-filled experience on the PlayStation 2.
- Comprehensive stealth techniques including sniping, split jumping, zip lining, rappelling, and using human shields bring awesome gameplay possibilities for the gamer.
- Experimental intelligence gadgets (night/thermal vision goggles, prototype weapons and surveillance gear, etc.) give Fisher the edge against his enemies.
Only on PlayStation 2!
- The Powerplant mission features four new exclusive levels, in addition to the 10 existing missions, plus 30 minutes of new cinematics
- An all new four minute cinematic introduction including music recorded specifically for Splinter Cell by the famous Prague Orchestra.
Connect to the Game Boy Advance to Access Exclusive Content and Features!
- Once connected to the Nintendo GameCube, the Game Boy Advance can function as a remote extension for Sam's OPSAT (allowing Sam to view his surroundings on a radar-like mini-map) and providing him remote control of computers and weapons, including the wall mine.
- Connected-play provides gamers with a brand new weapon exclusive to the Nintendo GameCube-the sticky bomb!
- Playing through the Nintendo GameCube version will unlock five exclusive levels on the Game Boy Advance.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell carries a "T" (Teen) rating from the ESRB and will have a suggested retail price of $49.99.