There are two main reasons behind the release of 1.2. First, it enables compatibility between versions using different alphabets (cyrillic, latin, asian, etc.). Secondly, it serves as a client upgrade to support future Linux and Windows(TM) stand alone dedicated servers.
- Enables interoperability between localized versions, with different alphabets, for internet games.
- Fixes the "ready button" problem where players could not press it and had to wait for the in-between round timer to run out.
- Fixes the crash issue with the server list. The list is now displayed in a multi-page format with a maximum of 400 servers per page.
- The server filter settings are now kept even when you quit the game.
- Karma (ragdoll effect) has been updated, after much research and inspired, in part, by work done by the community.
- Includes support for future Linux and Windows stand alone dedicated servers.
- Removed the network connection check that was done even when in single player mode.
- We acknowledge the absence of an interface to indicate that a map is being currently downloaded. We are hopeful that a fix for this issue will be available in the next patch.
- ASE will be "officially" supported in the next patch. We are still experimenting with an easy, user-friendly way to deal with it.
- Linux and Windows(TM) stand alone servers will soon be available for people who wish to run dedicated's on their T1+ ;-)