G1 Jockey 3 captures all of the excitement, action and splendor of one of America’s most beloved spectator sports, thoroughbred racing.
In the game, players take the role of an apprentice jockey thrust into the highly competitive sport of thoroughbred racing. Over the course of a season, players face fierce competition as they battle to become the world’s top Grade 1 jockey. All the action and the vibrant spectacle of thoroughbred racing are captured in real-time 3D. Players have full control of their steed right out the gate and all the way to the furious finish.
G1 Jockey 3’s racing features include:
- 10 tracks and 35 courses, including flat and steeplechase races
- 4,000 playable horses, each with its own unique characteristics. More horses than any other racing game
- Over 100 rival jockeys
- Changing weather and track conditions
- Meticulous 3D modeling from colorful jockey silks to horse markings (“socks” and “blazes”), hoods and blinkers
Arcade-style racing is only part of the action. From negotiating with trainers to year-end award ceremonies, G1 Jockey 3 faithfully recreates the drama of the trackside world. Players will: - Negotiate with trainers for the best rides. Each year older horses retire and younger horses become eligible for competition. It’s up to the player to find the next champion
- Learn racing tactics from veteran jockeys
- Set a racing schedule and work the system of race classes. Ride a horse all the way from Maiden races to the pinnacle of the racing world, the G1 or Grade 1 Class
G1 Jockey 3 also includes a Training Mode and a 2-Player Versus Mode. Both modes focus purely on racing. Players select a horse, track, and race distance, flat or steeplechase course, size of field, weather and track conditions, and difficulty level.
Developed by KOEI in Yokohama, Japan, G1 Jockey 3 is the first game in the series to be released in North America. G1 Jockey 3 is available exclusively
for the PlayStation®2, and is rated “E” (Everyone) by the ESRB.