Many of the new vehicles and weapons featured in Secret Weapons—futuristic for the WWII timeframe—were considered extremely powerful yet experimental. While these armaments and vehicles are rooted in WWII history, many never saw actual combat, however, they are put to use in the game.
Secret Weapons lets gamers control and use new weapons and new vehicles in eight fresh WWII combat battlefields including, Telemark, Peenemüende (V2 research facility), Essen and The Eagle’s Nest (Hitler’s hideaway). All new battlefields offer unique settings from nightfall during the summer in Prague to a winter battle in Norway.
Secret Weapons brings the total of playable vehicles in the game to 46. In addition to the 30 vehicles in the original game that includes jeeps, fighter planes, tanks and aircraft carriers, players can operate16 new vehicles including a Horton HO 229 fighter plane that is equipped with a 30 mm machine gun. Other vehicles include a US Sherman tank with a T-34 Calliope (rocket launcher), U.S. Super Heavy Tank, Sturmtiger, Goblin jetfighter, C-47 cargo plane, Armstrong Whitworth AW-52, the German Wasserfall guided anti-air missile and the German Natter rocket plane.
In addition to offering innovative weapons and vehicles, the game also improves on gameplay by adding an “objective based” mode. In this new mode, players will be tasked with a specific objective to win the battle (e.g. destroy a secret facility).
- Eight new battlefields that take players into combat in top secret locations in a variety of seasons and times of day.
- Sixteen new vehicles to operate, seven of them prototypes which could have changed the outcome of WWII.
- Four new weapons including a one-shot kill knife that all Allied and Axis soldiers are issued.
- Introduction of British Commando and German Elite troops
- Top secret German prototype Rocket Pack which allows players to fly and fight at the same time.
- Wasserfall rockets will be launched, flown and directed by player in first person
- The C-47 Cargo Plane will serve as a mobile spawn point
- A new “objective based” gameplay mode