"Vivendi Universal Games is confident that Pocket Studios will successfully provide the excitement of The Incredible Hulk legacy while pushing the envelope on gameplay mechanics," said Luc Vanhal, North American President & COO of Vivendi Universal Games. "Vivendi Universal Games is dedicated to delivering the essential aspects of Hulk to his fans in the form of interactive handheld entertainment."
Established in 1999, Pocket Studios has grown to become one of the world's premiere developers of games for Nintendo's Game Boy® hand-held video game system. Pocket Studios has assembled a team of more than 25 people to work with the world's leading publishers to create quality handheld titles.
"The Incredible Hulk license presented a terrific new challenge for Pocket Studios, driving the team to exploit the capabilities/push the limits of the GBA in order to create enjoyable gameplay that authentically recreates the Hulk's abilities," said David Williams, development director at Pocket Studios. "The animation system and destructible scenery technology we created really helps bring the Hulk alive within the game, allowing players to freely roam multiple objective environments destroying scenery and objects in their path."
Caught in the heart of a nuclear explosion, a victim of gamma radiation gone wild, Doctor Bruce Banner now finds himself transformed in times of stress into one thousand pounds of unfettered fury—the most powerful creature ever to walk the earth—the Incredible Hulk! Now you must guide the Hulk, smashing your way through military compounds, barren deserts, subterranean cities, underground caves, and even earth’s distant future in order to escape from the never-ending conflict…until finally, the Hulk faces off with the most lethal creation of gamma radiation, the evil Abomination!
But this green-skinned Goliath finds himself facing a multitude of foes all out to deny him the solitude he so desperately craves - not only the forces of the U.S. Army, commanded by General “Thunderbolt” Ross, but also strange and powerful adversaries such as the Executioner, Tyrannus, and the sinister Leader’s Humanoids.
- Based on the original Pre-Silver Age Marvel classics The Incredible Hulk and Tales to Astonish comics from Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, among others – telling the true origin and initial tales of the Hulk
- 33 levels providing up to 30 hours of gameplay
- ‘Hulkmatch’ allows head-to-head battle for 2-4 players with a link cable
- Unique gameplay mechanic based on Hulk's inherent abilities to grow more powerful and regenerate when enraged
- Presented from an isometric perspective – giving the game a three-dimensional appearance
- Freely roaming multiple objective environments
- Complex puzzles mixed in brilliantly with unrelenting action
- Nearly every object in the environment is interactive and can be damaged or destroyed
- Classic bosses including the Abomination, the Executioner, the Molemen, Humanoids, and more...
- Fight off dozens of simultaneous enemies including soldiers, tanks, helicopters, jets, future warriors, robots, etc.
More articles about The Incredible Hulk