All the current teams and many young up and coming star players will be included in the game, with gamers able to choose from squads of up to 30 players. Each player has detailed statistical information, including height weight, speed, tackling, stamina, kicking and many more.
More than 65 stadiums from all over the world will be faithfully modelled, including Twickenham, Murrayfield and Ellis Park in South Africa just to name a few. Using the powerful PlayStation 2 and high end PC’s, incredibly realistic weather and pitch effects rain, wind and fog also add to the gaming experience.
The English version of the game will have John Inverdale and Gordon calling the play. This will be greatly improved from the previous version with newly recorded commentary.
The all-new control system will be intuitive, user friendly and in line with our bigger budget titles such as “Madden” and “FIFA”. You will be rucking, mauling and kicking for touch like a champion in no time.
New Motion Capture will offer detailed animation greatly improved on the previous rugby game including high grade player to player contact.
2nd generation and high-end PC graphics using superior models and textures will mean more “in your face” action than ever before seen in a sports game!
Key Platform Specific Features
- Over 1500 players in all.
- Tournaments featured are the World Cup, Tri-Nations, Super 12, Domestic, Master League and Friendly matches. A training simulator is also included to help gamers learn the game controls.
- Custom League play.
- Highly detailed and bone-crunching motion captured animation for tackles, scrums, lineouts, kicking, passing, form and injuries.
- Over 65 highly detailed dynamic stadiums from around the world featuring standup crowds, highly detailed players, referees and varying pitch features and textures.
- Original music sound track and many realistic sound effects including; player calls, grunts, tackles, and crowds noises. All captured from real games.
- Huge variety of camera positions to view the action from, including a fully positional replay camera.
- In game cut scenes that add to the emotion of taking your team to victory.
- Play by play commentary from legendary commentators John Inverdale and Gordon Bray.
- Realistic environment modeling including weather, fogging, and lighting of players and stadiums. Pitch effects such as muddy grounds guarantee that teams will never leave the pitch clean.
- Full licenses from the RFU, ARU, NZRFU, SARFU, FFR and SRU.
- 4 player, with 2 player co-operative play
- Player editor
More articles about Rugby 2004