A number of diverse events set in gritty, nighttime environments make up the heart of street competition. Players become complete street racers by perfecting skills in each event by nailing the perfect shift in drag racing and by putting their street cred on the line, racing through the city streets at all hours of the night.
Prove you belong in the elite street racing circles, work your way up the underground rankings and take on the best of the best in each discipline.
- Twenty fully customizable, licensed cars are included in the game from Mitsubishi Motors, Subaru, Toyota, and many more.
- Hundreds of ways to customize your ride. Pick from major aftermarket parts manufacturers including AEM Inc., Audiobahn®, Bilstein®, Dazz Motorsport, DC Sports, Eibach®, Enkei, GReddy Performance Products Inc., HKS®, Holley®, Injen™, Jackson Racing, MOMO, Neuspeed®, Nitrous Express Inc., O.Z®, PIAA, Skunk2 Racing, Sparco®, StreetGlow®, and Turbonetics Inc.
- Need for Speed Underground’s amazing graphics will immerse gamers in the world of after hours street racing. The diverse urban nighttime environments are modeled after a variety of highly detailed real-world urban landscapes. A new sensation of speed has been created in the game by the award winning Need For Speed team and an OSCAR® nominated Hollywood visual effects expert.
- Over 100 unique events give racers the opportunity to earn cash, buy more upgrades, and unlock cars and tracks while increasing their street reputation.
- A diverse collection of high-octane music keeps the game rolling as well as online support for up to 4 players on the PlayStation 2 (broadband only) and PC.