In Alter Echo players assume the role of Nevin, sent on a mission he does not yet understand to a planet whose very surface is alive. Interstellar corporations mine the planet’s organic skin -- a substance called Plast -- and use it to make bio-machines. Nevin is one of the rare “Shapers” who can psychically alter Plast -- and time itself. Nevin discovers that illegal experiments have infected Plast with human consciousness, and now he must fight for survival against a world gone mad, an entire planet that is using its bio-mechanical properties to spawn enemy after enemy to destroy him. An advanced real-time skeletal morphing system lets players to change between Melee, Gun and Stealth modes on the fly and during combat. The Outrage-developed TimeDilation system allows players to freeze the action and cue up an unstoppable flurry of moves and special attacks. The groundbreaking PostFX camera system intensifies every action with mind-blowing visual effects, camera filters, and screen distortions.
Developed by THQ studio Outrage Games, Alter Echo features innovative action gameplay and a groundbreaking visual style based on pioneering technology. TimeDilation™ and real-time morphing between three combat modes add tactical depth, and the revolutionary PostFX™ camera system intensifies the action with spectacular visual effects that heighten the drama of every combo and special attack.
- Using an advanced real-time skeletal morphing system, players can changes forms during combat:
- Melee Mode – the default mode, used for rapid movement and hand-to-hand fighting, cutting foes down with whirling blades
- Gun Mode – transforms the player into a huge cannon- and grenade carrying giant. Annihilate enemies with torrents of gunfire and grenades
- Stealth Mode – an exceedingly agile form that allows the player to climb walls and assassinate foes while invisible
- TimeDilation technology allows players to manipulate time, freezing the action in order to cue up a series of moves and attacks to unleash an unstoppable flurry of attacks with
A totally original world – Alter Echo is set on a complex world whose very surface is alive. It knows you’re there, and it wants you dead
Advanced PostFX camera system – Mind-blowing visual effects intensify every action with dynamic camera filters and screen distortions