"Competitors in the real Paris Dakar Rally put their lives on the line every year in an effort to gain off-road rally supremacy," said Ben Fischbach, Brand Director for Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. "Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally captures all of the adrenaline-infused elements of this death-defying race, and enables gamers to experience it from the safety of their own homes."
Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally includes:
- Fully updated licensed vehicle roster for 2003 -- monstrous trucks, predatory cars and lightning-quick motorcycles;
- All new level of environmental interaction, including crazed spectators, wild animals, dangerous explosives and more;
- 12 massive interactive environments, including quaint French villas, dense Moroccan forests and vast African deserts;
- Arcade rally action, featuring tighter controls, faster cars and more traffic;
- Customizable vehicle types, allowing players to alter their vehicle's suspension, tires and more to create the ultimate off road racing machine;
- Real-time vehicle damage that will affect the performance of players' vehicles, including smashed windshields, broken axles and crushed chassis.
Dakar 2 is currently available for the Xbox(TM) and Nintendo GameCube(TM), each at suggested retail prices of $29.99 and $19.99, respectively.