Sony Online Entertainment and the EverQuest Online Adventures Team bring subscribers a gaming first: The unlocking of an all new high level adventure area added post-release to North America's first Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Welcome to the Isle of Dread!
As any Massively Multiplayer Online Game evolves, characters of advanced power will seek new ways to enhance their character's power and new challenges to keep them entertained. The Isle of Dread presents such a challenge to the experienced Heroes of EverQuest Online Adventures.
The entity known as Cazic Thule, or The Faceless, has many incarnations of its will. Most notable of these is its extra-planar home, the Plane of Fear. However, the depth of Fear knows little in the way of bounds and it is apparent, to those learned in such matters, that there are other realms and manifestations of Cazic Thule's twisted power.
The Isle of Dread is one such incarnation. Perhaps a land to reward the most faithful of The Faceless' followers in their afterlife or, perhaps a simple trap to lure foolish mortals into endless terror for the glory of Cazic Thule. What this enshrouded island holds remains to be seen, as the only word of it comes from the ramblings of madmen washed ashore after days lost at sea.
The release of the Isle of Dread comes on the heels of recent exciting updates to EverQuest Online Adventures. The game's development team is continually working on adding new elements to the game world as well as making changes to keep the game balanced and fun.
Recent new additions include:
- All new NPCs, Quest and Items added to the Sea of Lions region.
- Additions and enhancements to the previously mysterious Jaeger Mansion Quest
- New dangers arise in the Desert of Ro as Orcs in the region are more numerous and active.
- The addition of another quests for adventurers level 27 and over
- Also, the design team implemented new class balancing changes. These updates to the game have been eagerly anticipated by game players to address concerns raised as their heroes and heroines have gained in power.
- Spell casters have gained new and powerful ways of channeling their magics, along with new pets and minions, all to use in overcoming their foes. The Priests of Tunaria find new effectiveness in their deity-granted abilities, while the heavy fighters of the land have further refined their special moves and actions.
More articles about EverQuest Online Adventures