We know this can get a bit confusing and we're working on an installer. You'll have to bear with us on this.
If you are reading this, then you have already unzipped the file. In this same folder should be a folder named "pirates".
OPEN THIS FOLDER TO MAKE SURE THERE ISN'T A SECOND FOLDER INSIDE IT ALSO NAMED "PIRATES"!
Find the place where you have your battlefield mods installed. this by default is "C:Program FilesEA GAMESBattlefield 1942Mods"
DELETE the Pirates folder that is already there, then copy the one you just unzipped into it's place.
That's it. All you are doing is replacing the "Pirates" folder you already have with the new one.
- Speed on all boats lowered to varying degrees.
- Cameras on boats reworked with limits. (hopefully one or both of these will help with camera rubber-banding and make gameplay a little smoother)
- Ran Rexman's BSP tool on forts. This should reduce lag.
- Put in RedBase wall. The workboss has had a good flogging and moral has improved considerably.
- Coastal Defense Mortars now respawn Coastal Defense Mortars. That shipment of newfangled bird guns has been sent back to the manufacturer along with the head of the salesman.
- Turtle now limited to one shot regardless of anything else. You'd better make it count, cause once you fire, you're just sitting in a floating deathtrap.
- Turtle speed doubled. You might actually get somewhere...
- Turtle hitpoints reduced to 1/5th. Hint: touch anything and you're sleeping with the fishes.
- Galleon hitpoints doubled. They were going down a bit too easy.
- Fixed minimap icons. You can now tell who's who and how bad a job you're doing of defending your bases.
- Various rates of fire and respawn times tweeked. Still in progress. See if it's better.
Yaargh! We've found a new treasure map!
a small map for close fighting with runabouts only.
Team Death Match now works on both Scurvy_Cove and Low_Tide.
Still trying to figure capture the flag out.
Tickets now go down on both maps when flags captured. You need to capture at least 3 on Low_Tide and all 4 on Scurvy_Cove
Note: Low_Tide is a very early version of the map planned, but the basic functionality is there. We just wanted to provide you with a little variety.
Have fun and go pillage a village!