IMPORTANT PATCH VERSION NOTE
- This v1.03 patch must be applied to a copy of the game that has ALREADY been patched to v1.02. It will not work on v1.0 or v1.01. Please review the "WHAT VERSION OF CMBB DO I HAVE" section below to see what game version you currently have installed.
WHAT VERSION OF CMBB DO I HAVE?
- You can check the version number by running the game and looking at the lower right corner of the Main Menu screen. The current version is listed there.
VERSION COMPATIBILITY NOTE:
- * Games saved in v1.03 can't be loaded in by older versions. If you are playing others by email or TCP/IP, make sure you all upgrade to v1.03.
IN PROGRESS PBEM PROCEDURE
Transferring PBEM files from Version 1.0/1.01/1.02 to Version 1.03:
- In CMBB versions 1.0/1.01 or version 1.02, load the pbem file. In an orders phase, save the pbem file as a saved game by clicking on the little "SAVE" button on the command bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Exit the battle
- Repeat Step 1 for all pbem files you wish to convert.
- Install the 1.03 patch
- Open CMBB Version 1.03
- Open the saved game file from step 1.
- Choose Email as the startup option for the saved game.
- Place your orders as you normally would in a PBEM, and press "GO"
- Congratulations! You have now converted your pbem file.
- Repeat as necessary for any in progress game you wish to upgrade.
Once the file has been converted to version 1.03, it cannot be reopened in earlier versions.
- PBEM games in progress must be saved as save-game files and reloaded into v1.03 before PBEM can continue.
- Ordnance aims better at soft targets just behind the crest of a ridge (i.e. on a reverse slope).
- Simulate tendency of uncapped AP ammo to shatter on high-hardness Russian armor (plates of 60mm or less, generally). This reduces, for example, the ability of the German 37mm gun to penetrate the T-34.
- Russian blunt-nose APBC ammo is reduced in effectiveness versus homogenous armor (e.g. Tiger, late StuG III) but increased versus face-hardened armor (some Pz IV, early/mid StuG III).
- TacAI is smarter about having a tank prioritize facing its front armor toward an enemy before opening fire on that enemy, if getting the front armor oriented is more helpful than shooting.
- Chance of permanent immobilization after bogging is slightly lowered.
- Very slight reduction to tungsten penetration values, and a slight increase in the TacAI willingness to use tungsten even if the weapon has a large amount of AP on hand.
- Wooden buildings are more flammable.
- Vehicles are more likely to burn when knocked out.
- Minor TacAI tweaks.
- When ordered to button up, a tank commander will not self-unbutton for a minimum of one full minute.
UNIT DATA CHANGES/FIXES/ADDITIONS:
- BA-20 armor sloped and increased to 10mm.
- Romanian 81mm mortar has correct blast value.
- Several Romanian aircraft added and data updated.
- For the British 2-pounder tank cannon, Soviets receive HE ammo starting April 1943, and APHV ammo (standard AP shot but with slightly increased muzzle velocity) from January through May 1943 (switch to APCBC after).
- Soviet 45mm antitank gun and 76.2mm ZiS-3 field gun may use canister ammunition.
- Regimental SMG Company added to Soviet Guards Infantry TO&E.
- Minor changes to some aircraft data.
- Captured units may not "follow vehicle".
- Escaped prisoners don't show their former weapons in the "gun rack" interface.
- Icon/profile graphics added for BT-2, Pz 38(t) E/G and Vanatorul de care R-35.
- Position of MG gunner in SPW 251/16 adjusted slightly.
- The 'short' 75mm German gun can knock out a wooden bunker.
- AAA vehicles fire at aircraft correctly.
- Hungarian M39 rifle has proper graphics.
- Small fixes made to models for Valentine III, Matilda II, SPW 251/16, and BT-7M.
- German 28mm Heavy Antitank Rifle graphical model is larger.
- Corrected a problem where a waypoint added by the TacAI in avoiding an obstacle could "float" above the ground.
- Troops imported into a QB have ammo reloaded but only to the percentage set in the QB parameters.
- Corrected a rare problem where it was possible to discover unspotted barbed wire with the LOS tool if the wire was placed near a boundary of woods and other terrain.
- Prisoners will not cause units to balk at "friendly fire" (this prevents a gamey issue).
- Random settings in the QB generator won't combine armor force types with division types that have no armor (like Partisans).
- Corrected a problem that sometimes caused two players in an operation to be shown different victory results.
- Fixed a rare problem where a unit could fire a heavy weapon and not show muzzle flash/smoke.
- Soviet crews show the proper Soviet pistol graphic.
- Corrected a problem that sometimes caused a fire to grow larger (or not) depending on how many times the action was replayed.
- Corrected a problem where a split squad could replenish more "healed wounded" casualties between battles in an operation than they should, resulting in an "extra man".
- Fixed a rare problem that could cause loading a PBEM file to crash the game.
- Corrected a problem where the casualty tally could be slightly incorrect in cases where a PBEM game was ended by a cease-fire or surrender in a turn where a vehicle or gun crew was just about to bail out.
- Corrected a problem in the 'gun rack' interface that would sometimes not show the right MGs for a misidentified vehicle.
- Split squads don't have direct negative effects on global morale or victory points.
- Split squads don't cause large miscounts of casualties at end of battle.
- Somua S-35 model places passengers properly.
- When you 'reset' an artillery strike it remembers whether the original plan was for a wide pattern or not.
- Fixed a FOW issue showing optics info for not-fully-identified vehicles.
- Fixed a bug where vehicles would occasionally 'miss' a nearby waypoint and have to turn around in a tight space to reach it.
- StuG IV gun won't depress into the hull when the vehicle is knocked out.
- Vehicles that TacAI-retreat from a threat stop hiding.
- For orders delay, a tank's in-leadership status is properly remembered across saves and reloads of the game.
- Artillery aiming error is "reset" properly when you retarget out of LOS.
- Corrected a bug in the TacAI hunting logic when smoke shells are available.
- Changing targets and then switching back to the original target (all before clicking GO) won't forget target acquisition levels.
- (French version) In editor, the Operations Parameters screen, the Battle Window size control has its "minus" button.
More articles about Combat Mission 2: Barbarossa to Berlin