- Rise to power through the use of politics, business, crime, religion or military force. Behave as ruthlessly or as compassionately as you want, but remember that each choice you make has its consequences and repercussions.
- Six other factions will be doing everything in their power to stop you and seize control for themselves. The most formidable is the President, who will go to any lengths necessary to retain power.
- Persuade, hire and recruit all manner of specialist characters (from army generals to TV films stars to archbishops) to your cause, or use less ethical methods such as brainwashing or blackmailing to achieve your aims.
- Influence the general populace through your key supporters by using them to instigate actions. Hundreds of exciting and diverse actions to order and orchestrate from vast rallies and riots to secret police ‘hits’ to broadcasting news propaganda. In short, anything that has any influential significance can be done.
- Powered by an extremely advanced proprietary graphics engine: “Totality”. Capable of rendering an unlimited number of polygons in real time every frame, allowing millions of polys to be used to model each building or character if required.
- Zoom smoothly from epic cityscape vistas to focus on minute detail anywhere in the world (for example, an individual flower petal).
- State-of-the-art special effects including unlimited real time light sources, self-shadowing, weather effects and physically based material models.
- All the above allows for the actions to be realized stunningly with a cinematic quality and feel, the hand-scripted camera moves vividly capture the key moments of every action.
- Simplicity and player friendliness are the key goals. An intuitive interface contextually-based with minimal onscreen icons and controls will be featured. The aim is make the manual virtually obsolete.
- Notion of levels of detail, namely that all the complexities of the inner workings of the game are hidden from the player unless they explicitly request to view it. However, it is important to note that the game can be played perfectly well without delving down to the lower levels of detail. Most low-level decisions can be left safely to the key supporting characters that will attempt to intelligently implement them to the best of their ability.
- Use of innovative natural language techniques to replace player-unfriendly numbers and statistics with words.
- Richest simulation environment ever. Players (and non-games players) will be fascinated by the range and depth of the simulation of an entire country.
- Revolutionary level-of-detail AI techniques will allow thousands of living and breathing individual citizens to inhabit the towns and cities in Novistrana. An order of magnitude more complex than current state-of-the-art.
- Each citizen will have detailed daily routines that range from going to work, to visiting their friends, to shopping, and to going to sporting events. Each individual will also have his/her own set of beliefs, emotions, skills and loyalties that govern behavior, producing consistent and realistic reactions to situations that arise in the game.
More articles about Republic: The Revolution