As the name says, besieging well-defended towns is an important part of the gameplay. You'll get to experience some exciting moments trying to break the walls of enemy stronghold or gathering strength behind impregnable walls of your own citadel. It won't be easy but it will be a lot of fun.
Innovative economics. In most games you'll have buildings and units roughly equal in terms of resources and cost. In our game buildings are valuable and people appear naturally if there are enough houses for them. Resources are mostly spent on building houses and equipping/teaching local peasants how to fight.
Two races, each with its own units. More than 40 types of buildings and 20 kinds of units. Watch out for some unique characters and creatures.
You'll be able to upgrade units and buildings to make them even better. Even capturing enemy buildings is not out of the question.
Main character follows an involved storyline and gathers strengh on the way: you'll be able to take some of your favorite units when you move to the next area.
- Twelve huge levels with photorealistic landscapes, located in mountains, deserts, forests, etc.
- Thousanads of trees, stones and other objects on each level.
- Hundreds of high-polygon models of animals, people, buildings, etc with smooth skeletal animation.
- All-encompassing damage model. Burn or blow to chips every tree, destroy houses and other things.
- Cinematographic camera with a few convenient modes of control.
- Realistic sky with sun, moon, clouds, stars...
- Dynamic and static lightmaps, shadows from all objects, realistic sea and rivers, and nice particle-based special effects.
- Smart Level of Detail algorythms keep the framerate smooth in any situation while letting you see to the horizon, there is no fog to reduce visibility.
- Large-scale photorealistic textures and detailed aperiodic ones make the landscape real.
- Bumpmapping and highlights, environment mapping. Support for big compressed textures.
- Multi-user games on LAN and Internet with up to 16 people on one server.
- A lot of multiplayer modes: Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Cooperative, Hold Artifact, King of the Hill, Alone against all.
More articles about Besieger