“Being an independent internet-based developer, we have always been reluctant to work together with traditional publishers. All it took to change our mind is the fair treatment and great cooperation GMX Media has offered us, and we’re excited to work together to bring our award-winning strategy and war games to the European market now and in the future”, said Martin Turewicz, President of Battlefront.com.
The new improved Strategic Command – European Theatre is WWII Grand Strategy at its best. As the supreme commander of the Axis or Allied forces, the player shapes the fates of the nations at war during the Second World War in Europe.
Political options, research and upgrade of equipment, management of supply and resources and the strategic employment of one's armed forces are some of the keys to success.
With limited phase restrictions and wide-open turns you are in complete control to try many different approaches and entertain just as many possible outcomes. The future of Europe and perhaps ultimate glory is in your hands.
- Detailed Theatre Wide Map covers an area that stretches horizontally from the east coast of North America to the Ural Mountains of Russia, and vertically from just below the Arctic Circle to the northern coast of Africa.
- Classic Turn Based Hex Style Wargame which blends the “chess like” feel for combat at the strategic level with the nuance and scope of the European Theatre during World War II.
- Various Unit Types covering all the major facets of land, sea and air combat including HQs with true to life historical personalities, Corps, Armies, Tank Groups, Rocket Detachments, Air Fleets, Strategic Bombers, Battleships, Cruisers, Carriers, Subs and Transports.
- Players have the ability to command the forces of 25 Different Nations (6 major and 19 minor), including Germany, USA, Russia, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Greece and many more.
- Detailed Unit Modelling includes combat strength, readiness, supply, entrenchment, experience and associated commander ratings.
- Sophisticated Game AI – watch as the computer plans military campaigns that not only attempt to obliterate your military forces in the field but also target your strategic resources.
- “Scenario Editor” application to create your own “what-if” scenarios.
- Multiplayer Support for Hotseat and Play-by-Email with future free upgrade for LAN and TCP/IP play.