Feel the power of commanding a modern jet fighter. Fly a variety of combat aircraft in the most graphically rich, audio intense game environment ever created for a combat flight simulator. Lock On: Modern Air Combat combines a broad scope of game play that includes a dynamic campaign system, an immersive combat environment, and in-your-face action. Choose from eight U.S. and Russian jets that range from the tank-killing A-10 Warthog and, ground-pounding Su-25 Frogfoot to air superiority fighters like the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker. Filled with intense campaigns, realistic flight modeling and flexible game options, Lock On will provide unlimited game play action to both novice and veteran flight sim fans.
- Eight flyable aircraft, two US and five Russian, and one German (A-10A Warthog, F-15C Eagle, Su-27 Flanker B, MiG-29 Fulcrum A, MiG-29 Fulcrum C, Su-25 Frogfoot, Su-33 Flanker D, and German MiG-29).
- The Black Sea region, which includes the Crimean peninsula and the eastern Caucuses, is the setting for the hypothetical, present day air conflict.
- A Dynamic campaign system (DBG) with great replay value is the focus of the Lock On mission system.
- Stunning 3D objects and terrain create the best looking world ever created for a flight simulation. Everything from aircraft, to tanks, to buildings, are recreated in unmatched detail.
- An incredibly detailed area with dynamic lighting effects featuring, more than 180,000 buildings, 50,000,000 trees, 21 cities, 1,700 towns and villages, 500 bridges, 18 airfields and 8 naval bases.
- Realistic sound effects and audio environment that includes communication with wingmen, AWACS, tankers, and tower/approach controllers.
- A range of player missions including training, quick start, fast battle planner, and at least 36 individual missions, each with its own background and story.
- Multiplayer for up to 32 players via LAN or at least six over the internet, go head-to-head or take part in cooperative missions.
- Scalable realism and difficulty levels for the beginner and expert pilot are included. For example, options for extra-powerful engines, anti-spin control and easy landings make it more accessible for beginners. For the advanced flight enthusiasts there will be ultra accurate rates of acceleration, fuel consumption flight range and others. Even the famous "cobra" move will be possible in the Su-27, Su-33 and Mig-29 aircraft.