15. Are you planning to allow the hero to carry items that give bonuses? And will they drop after a hero is slain?
Yes – we have all sorts of interesting items for the heroes, and they will indeed drop.
16. Will there be any of those side quests where you have to answer a riddle or pay gold to receive the reward?
We have a brand new quest system which has much more RPG influence in it than the Battlecry quest system.
17. What will be any resources you need to collect/mine in Warlords IV?
In the true turn-based Warlords tradition, there are only two resources: Gold & Mana. Gold is generated from cities you have captured, while Mana is generated from your persistent Warlord.
18. Will you have weather effects in Warlords IV?
We have some very cool looking particle weather effects, but they’re really for atmosphere only – they have no effect on the outcomes of any battles.
19. What is the highest level your hero can reach?
There are actually 2 answers to this question, but they are both similar – there is no level limit!
Your persistent Warlord character can go as high as you like. Once he has reached about level 60 though, the increase in power beyond that is very small.
Heroes and other troops in the game can also level up, but once they get past about level 12, it gets harder and harder for them to gain levels.
20. Are you planning to implement the different hero types in Warlords IV, i.e., Iron Man hero, Bronze Hero, etc.?
The persistent Warlord in Warlords IV has a slightly different role than the hero in Battlecry, so we felt that these different modes wouldn’t really be required.
21. Will your individual units be able to level up?
Yes – all units can level up, improving their special abilities and even learning new ones.
22. How many terrains will be in Warlords IV?
The chief terrains are grass, snow, rock/lava & desert.
23. Looking at your screen shots, I see little numbers on every group of units; can you explain the significance of this?
I’m guessing that you’re looking at one of the combat screens. Those two little numbers denote the unit’s Strength & Life.
24. What are the system requirements for Warlord IV?
We have kept the requirements quite low: Pentium 450, 128Mb RAM & a GeForce 2.
However, the game really takes advantage of better PCs and adds all sorts of extra graphical effects.
25. Will there be a Warlords IV demo released prior to the game appearing on the shelves?
Yes – look for a demo about one month before the game is out.
26. Since Warlords' inception, have you used any of your fans' ideas or suggestion in the next release? And have you taken into consideration any suggestions for Warlords IV?
We are constantly talking with our fans before and after release of our games. Some of the fans come up with great ideas. I think the final patch for Warlords III: Darklords Rising was built almost entirely out of fan suggestions.
In fact, I’d encourage more people to come to the Warlords forums or contact us at our website to give us any thoughts, ideas or impressions on the game.
27. Is there any chance of seeing a successor to Warlords Battle Cry II?
At Infinite, we would certainly all love to do Battlecry III, but we haven’t announced anything yet.
28. Finally any last comments about Warlords IV?
This has been one of the shortest, but one of the most enjoyable, projects I’ve ever worked on. I hope all turn-based fans will download our demo and try us out – our combat system is completely addictive!
29. Thank you for taking the time to answer our annoying questions!
You’re welcome. I think a 29-question interview is some kind of record!
More articles about Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria