- Take control of the armies of good or evil. War of the Ring will delve deeper into the stories of the heroes in The Lord of the Rings, allowing the player to see the events that led to the founding of The Fellowship, and participating in some of the battles taking place during the Ring quest.
- The forces of darkness storyline will follow the story of Sauron after his escape from Dol Guldur during the reformation of his armies in Mordor. This story will allow the player to play the forces of darkness for the first time, leading armies of Orcs, Trolls, and Haradrim, as the power of Sauron grows across the face of Middle-earth.
- Participate in the epic battles for Middle-earth amidst spectacular weather effects. Defend the grassy plains of Riddermark as wind creates realistic ripples and swirls on the rolling grasslands. Capture Mordor as stormclouds gather and roll across the land, changing bright sunlight into lightning-streaked rainstorms erupting fire and flickering firelight on the black earth below.
- Explore the land of Middle-earth with incredibly detailed environments. Familiar locations and set pieces are recreated to faithful detail. Line your troops along the ramparts of Helm’s Deep. Wander the narrow streets of the Rohan capitol, Edoras. Explore the deadly pass of Cirith Ungol.
- As the dark presence of Sauron expands across Middle-Earth, watch as the very land itself dynamically dies and withers under his iron grip. The grass dies, the birds fly away, and entire forests topple with his touch. As the forces of good reclaim the land, watch as nature returns and grows strong.
- Control dozens of different military units in the fight to control the One Ring. Dominate Middle-earth with Evil units as large as the Balrog and as small as the Orc Goblins. Defend the land with Good units as large the Tree Ents and as small as Frodo Baggins.
- Turn the tides of battle by harnessing the powers of fate. Unleash dazzling spells on the battlefield as the forces of light and dark attempt to control the One Ring. Bless the armies with healing light from the trees of Lothlorien, spy on enemies with the unblinking eye of Sauron, or summon a fiery Balrog to lay waste to all who surround him.
- Ally with your friends or attempt to crush them online. For the first time in history, battle with other players from around the world using the armies and battlefields of J.R.R. Tolkien’s masterpiece at your disposal.
More articles about Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring