"The latest Age Of Wonders game builds upon its predecessors," said Graeme Struthers, Vice President Of Gathering. "Shadow Magic continues to maintain the precedent for high standards set by the original game, adding a whole new realm to explore, new spells and a robust scenario editor to the award-winning fusion of empire building, role playing and tactical combat."
About Age Of Wonders Shadow Magic:
Assuming the roles of mythical champions, players can cast dozens of new spectacular spells, strike allegiances and take on the evil Phobius, who threatens to turn this dream-like world into a living nightmare. This latest addition to the series will also enable players to experience the all-new and eerie Shadow World dimension, battling with never before seen races across new and diverse landscapes. Combined with the option of creating a totally unique environment with the map generation, and rewriting the history of the world over and over through the advanced campaign editor, players are ensured a constant stream of completely new game experiences.
Age of Wonders Shadow Magic takes the acclaimed fantasy strategy series to new heights. Offering the tactical strategy/role-playing elements that have made this series a success, this new stand-alone game features:
- Rise to power as a wizard-king in the single player campaign with 16 scenarios over 5 episodes, with new characters and a new unfolding story.
- Powerful editing tools: build your own campaigns, import user portraits, and change the rules!
- Meet 3 new races: The steppe-roaming Nomads, the sinister Shadow Demons and the mysterious Syrons.
- Experience revisions to the 12 classic Age of Wonders races. Each race has a new city upgrade with a new unit!
- Wage war using dozens of new spells, heroes and unit abilities in the addictive tactical combat system.
- Use the Random Map Generator to create new scenarios at the click of a button. Each map provides a new experience and a new world to explore.
- Challenge up to 8 rival wizards in 18 stand-alone scenarios via LAN, over the Internet, or using Play by Email